News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Started by McGrupp, June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

American Vandal season 2 9/14
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

emay

Been watching Maniac with Emma Stone and Jonah Hill. Entertaining.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: emay on September 24, 2018, 11:10:14 AM

I will start that tomorrow.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Thrillhouse

Making a Murderer part 2 is dropping October 19th. Now would be a good time to brush up on the case if you are in to that kind of stuff.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

Bobafett

Quote from: mopper_smurf on September 25, 2018, 01:48:21 PM

I just watched the first episode and I must say I'm intrigued.  And I secretly love Emma Stone
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

ytowndan

Quote from: Bobafett on October 15, 2018, 10:26:48 PM

I just watched the first episode and I must say I'm intrigued.  And I secretly love Emma Stone

I didn't exactly love the ending, but I still enjoyed the overall experience.  It's definitely worth watching, imo.  I wish more shows would risk having that kind of odd, genre-bending atmosphere. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

gainesvillegreen

Enjoyed Maniac as well. Amelia Gray is one of the writers on that show, and she has been recognized for her work in fiction through nominations, awards, Young Lion distinction, etc...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amelia_Gray. I would recommend her short stories if you can find them.

The Haunting of Hill House is better than I expected. Lukewarm recommendation there.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

gah

Don't know if you guys would be interested in this, but there's this show called Sacred Games, it's Netflix first Indian original series, and it's highly addictive. It's got some of the best recent actors, writers, and directors from the indie indian film industry (not the bollywood crap most people associate with indian films). Anyhow, def worth checking out if you're into drugs, guns, gangs, murders, thrillers, crazy plot twists, cliffhangers at the end of every episode, etc...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

aphineday

Quote from: gah on October 16, 2018, 02:39:09 PM
Don't know if you guys would be interested in this, but there's this show called Sacred Games, it's Netflix first Indian original series, and it's highly addictive. It's got some of the best recent actors, writers, and directors from the indie indian film industry (not the bollywood crap most people associate with indian films). Anyhow, def worth checking out if you're into drugs, guns, gangs, murders, thrillers, crazy plot twists, cliffhangers at the end of every episode, etc...
Sounds like my kind of thing! Will check this out.

Quote from: ytowndan on October 15, 2018, 10:50:33 PM
Quote from: Bobafett on October 15, 2018, 10:26:48 PM

I didn't exactly love the ending, but I still enjoyed the overall experience.  It's definitely worth watching, imo.  I wish more shows would risk having that kind of odd, genre-bending atmosphere. 

Yeah, that sums up my experience with this show pretty well. Super genre-bending, and I loved that.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

WillBreathes

The Night Comes For Us, amazing Asian gangster/action movie.

Think The Raid Redemption with a better story, which is also on Netflix now.
tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

cactusfan

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, new Coen brothers flick, an anthology of short westerns, financed by Netflix, and thus streaming as of now, while playing in a few theaters too. Pretty funny and dark and worth your while.

For more words on same:
www.standbyformindcontrol.com/2018/11/the-ballad-of-buster-scruggs-in-which-the-coens-dust-off-a-sextet-of-death/

mehead

Quote from: cactusfan on November 23, 2018, 04:25:43 PM
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, new Coen brothers flick, an anthology of short westerns, financed by Netflix, and thus streaming as of now, while playing in a few theaters too. Pretty funny and dark and worth your while.

For more words on same:
www.standbyformindcontrol.com/2018/11/the-ballad-of-buster-scruggs-in-which-the-coens-dust-off-a-sextet-of-death/

Watching this right now. Love the Coen brothers. Love Westerns. This is rather mehtastic.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

rowjimmy

Quote from: cactusfan on November 23, 2018, 04:25:43 PM

For more words on same:

Gonna read this in a bit but I will say that I loved this film.

pcr3

I came in here to look for something to binge on and was surprised to see that no one has mentioned Big Mouth yet.  Just a hilariously raunchy animated show about going through puberty.  I'm 7 episodes in and already have had many near pantspissing moments.  If I remember correctly, the first word in the first episode was vagina...I was hooked.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3