News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/28 - DCU Center - Woosta, MA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by blatboom, December 28, 2010, 11:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

Quote from: Caravan2001 on December 29, 2010, 09:26:40 PM
But man, Trey is losing his voice something fierce...Sounds like laryngitis....

I was listening to Stash earlier(for the 4th time) and right as the song ends you can hear Trey coughing.  It sounds like a trio in Birdwatcher at times. 

Superfreakie

But man, Trey is losing his voice something fierce...Sounds like laryngitis.....Hope he gets some rest before MSG!

I hope he doesn't get rest. Less singing = more jamming  :police:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Superfreakie on December 29, 2010, 10:25:18 PM
But man, Trey is losing his voice something fierce...Sounds like laryngitis.....Hope he gets some rest before MSG!

true...

mbw

Quote from: Caravan2001 on December 29, 2010, 10:50:24 PM

true...

yes.  we need a couple 5 song sets.

mbw

i dig this hood.  i dont think mike is trying to take it somewhere trey is not, but rather they are playing off each other nicely.  dug.

danje

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on December 29, 2010, 10:52:39 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on December 29, 2010, 10:50:24 PM

true...

yes.  we need a couple 5 song sets.

This is getting me excited.

Caravan2001

mistercharlie

I was secretly wishing the same thing. I'd like to see a set of Mike/Page/Fish tunes and instrumentals!

Ya Mar, Take The A-Train -> Caravan -> The Landlady, Weigh, Strange Design, Crosseyed and Painless -> Cars Trucks Buses, Idea -> Moma Dance
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

susep

listening to the Hood now, definitely a different kind of Hood jam.  like the Stash, I like how they're willing to try something different instead of playing the same theme over and over.  this one too doesn't necessarily peak but is made up by its experiment.  Trey has a Fall '95 style tone near the end.     

blatboom

tet

Quote from: Caravan2001 on December 30, 2010, 02:03:25 AM
If it gets worse, there def wont be a lot of ballads.....

and it might mean some more Fish songs, which i always approve of...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

aphineday

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on December 29, 2010, 11:11:18 PM
i dig this hood.  i dont think mike is trying to take it somewhere trey is not, but rather they are playing off each other nicely.  dug.

Ser. This whole show (both actually) just have a good vibe to me. It seems like the band is playing more cohesively with each other. Although it's not the 90's, Trey is backing down from the Whale, and seemingly settling into a groove with the other guys better than he was. I could just be hearing shit that I want to hear, but it seems like they are more together (practiced?) than they were.

If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

notkuroda

my wife went to this show WITHOUT ME!!! first time for everything. Actually she took her brother and as he's a recovering addict they were both totally sober. She said it was pure magic. I loved Trey's playing during this show, and I thought the Harry Hood was absolutely sublime. Feels like they took a night to shake off rust and will be back in full form come tonight

mehead

Quote from: susep73 on December 30, 2010, 09:22:57 AM
listening to the Hood now, definitely a different kind of Hood jam.  like the Stash, I like how they're willing to try something different instead of playing the same theme over and over.  this one too doesn't necessarily peak but is made up by its experiment.  Trey has a Fall '95 style tone near the end.     

I do like the Stash but I guess I'm in the minority on the Hood... :tte:
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged