News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on May 25, 2019, 09:27:17 PM
Quote from: Hicks on May 23, 2019, 11:43:54 AM
tbh $60 for a 6LP set is a great price, so just pulled the trigger on both.

That's a joke right?  Or you got them to flip?  If you got them to actually listen to, I might need re-evaluate our friendship.

Lol, cmon bro, I would never think of flipping something as hetty as WSP LPs. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: mbw on May 25, 2019, 10:03:07 PM

I was waiting for that.  You never let me down  :laugh:

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on May 25, 2019, 11:25:15 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on May 25, 2019, 09:27:17 PM
Quote from: Hicks on May 23, 2019, 11:43:54 AM
tbh $60 for a 6LP set is a great price, so just pulled the trigger on both.

That's a joke right?  Or you got them to flip?  If you got them to actually listen to, I might need re-evaluate our friendship.

Lol, cmon bro, I would never think of flipping something as hetty as WSP LPs.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

"Icy-cold WSP Lp's, 1 for $30 or 6 for $60".  :wtu:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

VMP Blue Note shipment 2 announced this morning, 2 more great titles...

mattstick

Spinning the Anthem Of The Sun picture disc, a kick down from a local buddy.  This is the OG mix, not sure which was released in the Warner Box a few years ago, but kinda nice to have...

mistercharlie

For Khruangbin fans...

They are releasing the recordings from the limited edition EP's that came before The Universe Smiles Upon you on a Japan exclusive release to commemorate their appearance at the Fuji Rock Festival. You can get one through Amazon-Japan. I recommend using Google Chrome to translate the page if you want to buy it.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07SGDQV8G/ref=sr_1_7?__mk_ja_JP=%E3%82%AB%E3%82%BF%E3%82%AB%E3%83%8A&keywords=khruangbin&qid=1559332161&s=gateway&sr=8-7
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

Grateful Dead - Portland '74 boxset is going for $49 on ebay right now! Import_cd's always had the best deals, they are the same as collectors_choice on discogs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/362433281780?ul_noapp=true

The sale is over now, it's back to $98.  :|

mistercharlie

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 15, 2019, 07:35:25 AM
Grateful Dead - Portland '74 boxset is going for $49 on ebay right now! Import_cd's always had the best deals, they are the same as collectors_choice on discogs.

The sale is over now, it's back to $98.  :|

They must be running early morning specials, because this set is back down to $49. This time I bought one with no second thought.

G. Augusto

mistercharlie

Yeah, I know. But there were 13 days between my first post and my second. So I'm not sure if it counts.

Buffalo Budd

Garcia - Almost Acoustic RE just arrived in the mail.
Can't wait to get home and give it a spin.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on June 17, 2019, 07:02:14 AM
Garcia - Almost Acoustic RE just arrived in the mail.
Can't wait to get home and give it a spin.

So good.

mattstick

Final VMP Blue Note Anthology titles released... Bobby Hutcherson Montara!!! and some other title I've never heard?

Montara is fucking incredible FYI

It was kinda fun subscribing to something like this but more expensive than it should have been.  These are $25 reissue quality for closer to $45.

tet

wow thinking about that Portland set for $49... that's pretty damn tempting.  heard the show quite a few times but this looks to be one of those special releases...  how is quality of press?
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish