News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish.com - From the Road - 2009 [Hampton Shows] ***SPOILER ALERT***

Started by twatts, March 06, 2009, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodie22

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 07, 2009, 01:19:49 AM
Just got back from the show  :banana:

as many of you know, this was my first show and to say the least, mind=blown

The energy in that place was like nothing I have ever experienced and the Fluffhead/Divided Sky opener combo blew everyone away

I have absolutely no hesitation in saying that this was the most well polished, and practiced Phish since pre 2000  :-o

The entire show was nearly flawless with the exception of only a few parts (the YEM restart was more humorous to me than dissapointing)

Ill try and post a song by song review soon!

Happy first show WhatstheUse?, MiamiPhish, and Gumbo! You guys got a helluva show (well I haven't heard it yet, but from what I've heard, you got a helluva 1st show). Glad you guys had a good night!

danje

danje

WhatstheUse?

can't really give a song by song review right now but highlights for me were:

-Fluffhead opener played practically flawlessly....right off the ba you knew they meant business!

-Chalkdust had a pretty great peak iirc

-STASH, this was IT....best jam of the night imo, it got way out there and back

-Oh Kee Pah - nearly FLAWLESS!!!

-Suzy, got a little funk going, and page's solo was played on some sort of synth

-Horn, played so beautifully and near perferct iirc

-Tweezer brought the 3.0 Funk!!!!!! that shit was nasty!

-Harry Hood........yah, i cried

Waste, honestly one of the best versions i have ever heard, trey was just ripping through his final solo
Bring in the dude!

whatapiper

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

fauxpaxfauxreal

whatapiper

ahhh! so sick! thank you for the links!

tears in my eyes, cant wait for my 51st!   

hearing everyone sing along to fluffhead is priceless....
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

Moses Yastrzemski

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 07, 2009, 01:53:40 AM
can't really give a song by song review right now but highlights for me were:

-Fluffhead opener played practically flawlessly....right off the ba you knew they meant business!

-Chalkdust had a pretty great peak iirc

-STASH, this was IT....best jam of the night imo, it got way out there and back

-Oh Kee Pah - nearly FLAWLESS!!!

-Suzy, got a little funk going, and page's solo was played on some sort of synth

-Horn, played so beautifully and near perferct iirc

-Tweezer brought the 3.0 Funk!!!!!! that shit was nasty!

-Harry Hood........yah, i cried

Waste, honestly one of the best versions i have ever heard, trey was just ripping through his final solo

I was wondering about the new styles of jamming.  Tweezer should be the best example.  Looking forward to this.

DarkStarScott

Ri©h

I didn't realize the Set 1 AUD would be uploaded to TPB of all places.  Whatever. 

I'll wait for the SBDs from LP.com.  Quality over "now".

xanadux3

listening to this now and the quality of the recording is surprisingly good for the first source to surface...they sound like they are having a blast!!
and shocked and persuaded my soul to ignite

DarkStarScott

thechad

Quote from: Rich on March 07, 2009, 02:26:10 AM
I didn't realize the Set 1 AUD would be uploaded to TPB of all places.  Whatever. 

I'll wait for the SBDs from LP.com.  Quality over "now".

the no spoilers dl from Mr. Minor's Phish Thoughts is up and it sounds pretty awesome, not the greatest, but pretty damn good.  Listening to the Fluffhead right now and it's tight, sounds like mid-90's all the way.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock