News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-07-20 The Gorge, George, WA

Started by anthrax, July 21, 2018, 02:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

7-20-18
The Gorge
George, WA

I:  Set Your Soul Free, Wolfman's, Roggae, Poor Heart, Undermind, Simple > Ya Mar, Sand

II:  CDT>MFMF, Fuego, Sparkle, Halleys Comet, Light, Waste, Rock and Roll

E:  Tube, Golgi

nab

Life is like a box of Chalkdusts, you never know what you're gonna get.

anthrax

i thoroughly enjoyed that!

gumbo, check this out if you want to hear tom marshall geek out a little bit over trey's rig...

Caravan2001

Sick show tons of room to move around. Went 20' from the stage and it was loud and awesome. 

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Heard the fire delays had a lot of people stuck trying to get into camping as showtime approached and the lines were NOT moving. That had to suck. I'd have flipped the fuck out (also would have arrived 1000hours early.)

Set one is terrific. If they raised the bar no further, we'd be calling it an average show on the order of Tahoe.
Looks like set II takes it up a notch. Fixing to watch now.

rowjimmy

Not only did Trey switch to Koa 1 last night vs  Koa 2 in Tahoe, he also apparently changed tunes in his amp.
Details in this twitter thread from @Treysguitarrig

https://twitter.com/treysguitarrig/status/1020532338537611264?s=21

Gumbo72203

Quote from: anthrax on July 21, 2018, 03:23:05 AM
i thoroughly enjoyed that!

gumbo, check this out if you want to hear tom marshall geek out a little bit over trey's rig...

Sick, thanks man!!!

This was a really good show, I thought!  Granted, I had smoked during the end of set 1 for the first time in...... a long, long time.  This may have been the first time I heard Phish high in a few years.  I just took a few hits off my buddy's pipe, so it was pretty mild but man, it made the space really neat.  I loved that Chalkdust.  MFMF was allllllmost dead fucking perfect, I thought they bobbled the very very final hit of the song when Trey was yelling "my friend my friend he's got a knife!"  The tension was built so high, but they kinda just didn't connect on the very final repeat. 

Loved that they brought Waste out, I wish they played that more now.  Really enjoyed that.  I even liked Light and that jam bores me to tears most of the time! 

New song is fucking great too, that better stay around often!

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 21, 2018, 09:12:23 AM
Not only did Trey switch to Koa 1 last night vs  Koa 2 in Tahoe, he also apparently changed tunes in his amp.
Details in this twitter thread from @Treysguitarrig

https://twitter.com/treysguitarrig/status/1020532338537611264?s=21

Great stuff, thanks!  I think 6L6's sound better... because I'm pretty sure that's what Trey was using in his Mesa amps during the end of 1.0 right?  Trey's tone from '97-'00 is basically the height of guitar tone perfection for me.  Nothing has ever sounded better, and when he went to the grunge in 2.0 and somewhat still in 3.0 I'm not the biggest fan. 

I didn't like his very shrill tone in Tahoe either, so I'm glad for the switch. 

Can you help me with the Koa 1 vs. Koa 2 distinction, though?  Is Koa 1 the guitar he used for a lot of 2.0? 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

rowjimmy

Marmar

Wasn't that impressed....

Jams wandered.....it felt like I was watching kids playing with gear in a music store at times.....either you control the effects, or the effects will control you.

Less time pushing buttons and more time with your hands on the instruments please....and thanks.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

mopper_smurf

Trey botched the intro of Rock and Roll. And the song keeps falling apart. All take turns at dropping the ball.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

rowjimmy

I thoroughly enjoyed set two.
Not yet gonna call that an all timer Chalk Dust but it's worthy of study.
Michael Hamad detailed the modulations on the tweets.

anthrax

Quote from: Marmar on July 21, 2018, 10:06:20 AM
Wasn't that impressed....

Jams wandered.....it felt like I was watching kids playing with gear in a music store at times.....either you control the effects, or the effects will control you.

Less time pushing buttons and more time with your hands on the instruments please....and thanks.

The Simple totally falls into this category.  Not my favorite version.  But this Chalk Dust is the serious biz!

mistercharlie

Great show! The new song is great and makes a nice opener. That Simple is nice, the Chalkdust is out there, and the Light is some crunchy funk! Definitely enjoyed listening to this one today while the wife slept her hangover off. Just me and the Phishes this morning/afternoon.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax