News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-08-03 Alpharetta, GA -Post-Show Discussion

Started by rowjimmy, August 04, 2018, 12:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Im meh on ghost.  Tweezer is the biz, however.
Eta: carini too.

emay

Hmmm looks like phish slayed last night. Sweet

ph92

My thoughts: Trey forgot set 1 was the first set... But they did not disappoint on the second at all. Carini jam has my vote. But honestly, winterqueen wasn't terrible in that slot and I actually had a pretty nice little peak there. But easily the best show of tour in my opinion.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

sls.stormyrider

Just finished set 2
Great show, easily best of your
Agree- I thought Winterqueen was fine there

Then again I like the slow songs, and will never complain about Prince Caspian
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

susep

Mike takes the reins in the outro jam in NMINML the last 2 to 3 minutes.  All Trey can do is trill to rock peak. :hereitisyousentimentalbastard  Ghost w/ the "Atom Heart Mother" jam is sludgy at times but works nicely as a #3.  Tweezer is solid, harking back to many great versions played in the area especially '15.  I love the ambient jams in Carini.  Overall I get a big Col. Bruce Hampton inspired vibe from Phish in that they always seem to step up there game in Hot 'Lanta.   

mehead

Quote from: susep on August 05, 2018, 11:34:38 AM
Mike takes the reins in the outro jam in NMINML the last 2 to 3 minutes.  All Trey can do is trill to rock peak. :hereitisyousentimentalbastard  Ghost w/ the "Atom Heart Mother" jam is sludgy at times but works nicely as a #3.  Tweezer is solid, harking back to many great versions played in the area especially '15.  I love the ambient jams in Carini.  Overall I get a big Col. Bruce Hampton inspired vibe from Phish in that they always seem to step up there game in Hot 'Lanta.   

Carini for the win.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Buffalo Budd

Just finished the first set and she's no slouch. The Ghost is sublime till the abrupt finish and Walls of the Cave is always a treat.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

cactusfan

I like this Ghost.

The ending seems abrupt, but that's where the jam ends. It feels like they all knew at that exact instant that it ended there, and bam, back into the song they go.

WhatstheUse?

Finally got around to listening to this show today and this Tweezer in def the bizness!  :rawk:

eta: This Carini is hot shit too!  :smoke: :smoke: :mrgreen:
Bring in the dude!

mbw

Quote from: mbw on August 04, 2018, 05:25:18 PM

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 22, 2018, 01:04:51 PM
Finally got around to listening to this show today and this Tweezer in def the bizness!  :rawk:

copy cat.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mbw on August 22, 2018, 01:44:43 PM

copy cat.

yeah, but my post had more weed smokin', sunglass wearin', afro havin', head bangin' smiley faces.
Bring in the dude!

gah

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 22, 2018, 02:28:59 PM
Quote from: mbw on August 22, 2018, 01:44:43 PM

copy cat.

yeah, but my post had more weed smokin', sunglass wearin', afro havin', head bangin' smiley faces.

It's true.

wtu post >>> mbw post
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.