News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Favorite Fantasy Land?

Started by antelope19, February 03, 2006, 04:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

So I finally got around to picking up a copy of the MSG new years '95 show(I know, I'm a slacker) and was listening to it today.  It got me thinking, Wow, this is really clear, but thats for another thread.  But my question is, What is your favorite fantasy land, Narnia(C.S. Lewis), Middle Earth(J.R.R. Tolkein), or Gamehendge(If you don't know, you betta axe somebuddy :roll:) I have been thinking about it a bit today, while wasting time at work.  I have read the Chronicles of Narnia and the Lord of the rings, and also listened to different performances of Gamhendge on numerous occasions.  But I am really struggling to decide which is my favorite.  What is yours and why?
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

I'm partial to the Magical Land of Chocolate...

antelope19

Ahhh, of course, How could I forget?  I would love to swim in the magical river of chocolate!!!!
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...................Magical Chocolate River.   :lol: :-D
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Hicks

I was always more a fan of Tomorrow Land than Fantasy Land myself, Space Mountain totally owns Dumbo!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

Which one does Prince Caspian live in?

Itsnotanexperience

mattstick

Maybe he's a cross-over fantasy land kind of Prince!??

VA $l!m

okay so you don't need to guess how big of a geek i was in high school, but lets just say i played a lot of D & D.
so, here's my answer that nobody is going to get:
the future from the SHADOWRUN books and game.....i wont attempt to explain, beyond it was a eloborate post-nuclear world where corporations ruled instead of gov'ts and there had been a magical  awakening so there were elfs and magic and shit along with a complex techno society that involved a net that you cold pseudo-physically navigate by plugging into a jack in your cyber brain...etc, etc...
man i want to play that game again!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

cleech74

A long time ago, from a Galaxy far, far away...
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

jephrey

Whatever the name of the land is in the movie Krull.  I just saw that again and wondered why I liked it so much as a kid.  It still was kinda kool in a gay way though.

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jedifunk

i believe this the one with the homeworld of corscuant....
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mopper_smurf

Ursa Minor Beta...

(look it up in chapter 5 of The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams)
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

susep

How about any Jimi Hendrix tour circa 1969-70?