News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Receiver HDMI Ports Not Working

Started by anthrax, July 26, 2016, 09:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

2 of the HDMI ports in the back of my receiver don't seem to be working.  Everything else is working just fine.  It's a Pioneer VSX-44 that's less than 2 years old.  Anyone have a problem with HDMI ports before?  Is this fixable?

PIE-GUY

Quote from: anthrax on July 26, 2016, 09:03:00 AM
2 of the HDMI ports in the back of my receiver don't seem to be working.  Everything else is working just fine.  It's a Pioneer VSX-44 that's less than 2 years old.  Anyone have a problem with HDMI ports before?  Is this fixable?

Did you try different cables? Did you try reversing the direction of the cable? Did you try turning it off and turning it back on again?
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

Did you give it a good smack, Fonze style?

anthrax

Quote from: PGLHAH on July 26, 2016, 09:12:21 AM

Did you try different cables? Did you try reversing the direction of the cable? Did you try turning it off and turning it back on again?

yes.  yes.  and yes.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to the actual ports not working.  Now what?

PIE-GUY

Quote from: anthrax on July 26, 2016, 10:21:28 AM
Quote from: PGLHAH on July 26, 2016, 09:12:21 AM

yes.  yes.  and yes.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to the actual ports not working.  Now what?

Quote from: mbw on July 26, 2016, 09:27:34 AM
Did you give it a good smack, Fonze style?
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mattstick

Contact Pioneer for a local service centre.

ph92

Check if its under warrenty. I've not seen this specific one. But I've worked on a few recievers with this specific issue. It seems to be a problem with capacitors on the HDMI daughterboard, You would either have to replace them yourself, take it to a repair shop, of if you don't mind some minor disassembly I can do it real easy. The only problem is I wouldn't be able to test it for you...

I'm gonna do some research for you. Please PM your serial number, I can lookup specifics as far as recalls/part/services available for your device.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH