News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Best BT client?

Started by jedifunk, December 03, 2004, 12:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

Hey wondering what everyone thinks is the best BT client to use.

I'm on a Mac, and know that I have the real BT client, Tomato, and Azureus to choose from.

What are the pros/cons of each and which is used most.  

I'm pretty new to BT, but not to online trading/shns/flacs/etc.  Thanks.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

Mac here too...  

I started with the original and that worked fine but it took a little time to re-connect and begin downloading.  I started using Azureus and it was amazing, so damn detailed, you can tell what parts of what tracks you have, where they're coming from, where you're uploading to.  You can se priority on tracks.  You can give uploads priority or tell it to ignore uploading shos that have X number of seeders already.  The list goes on.  Azureus is the best...  But wait, I upgraded to Azureus 2.2.0.0 and to OSX 10.3.6 an I started getting kernel panics after about an hour of use.  I tried tomato and eventually went back to the original as I looked for a fix for the KP problem...  I found a fix (although I had to go in through terminal and edit some system files etc).  It has been explained to me that it's Apple's issue, not Azureus'.  In any case, I am back using Azureus because it is by far the best.  another thing on the bright side...  I hear this is only happening with dual processor G5s so there's a chance you won't even have the issue.  If you have a DP G5, and you even have the issue (there's a chance you won't even then, some people claim that they don't get them now because they upgraded to the newest Azureus.  Go figure, mine gets a problem, theirs clears up) I can point you in the right direction on how to fix it.  You'll want to use Azureus at any cost.

-Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jedifunk

Thanks for the info, I'm on a G4 Powerbook, so no kernel panics here.  But you're right, Azureus rocks, switched to it the other day, so much info!!1
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio