News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

another bittorrent question

Started by gumbo11103, April 08, 2005, 03:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gumbo11103

I am trying this new firewall (ZoneAlarm pro). When I go on bt.etree to download a show this is what happens.
I am getting a really good download speed(like normal). No upload whatsoever. No share rating or anything. I use bittornado. I followed the info provided at firewalls.com. I opened ports 6881-6889 in tornado and ZoneAlarm as well. Can anyone give me any info here??

Thanks

Guyute

You need to open the ports not just map them for inbound connections.  YOu are going to need to allow BitTorrent to act as a server to the internet I believe.  

The other problem is ZoneAlarm itself.  I don't believe you will ever get the green smileys because of some of the security features of Zone Alarm.  If you got to the Azureus message boards you will see that people say to uninstall Zone Alarm and use another firewall product.

Good luck, I would think that the latest zonalarm pro version would handle this, I think the free download is the one with problems do to the limit per port configuration.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

groovy

I have Zonealarm on my pc.  I'm using the free download and it is no good for torrenting.  You cn't open the ports what so ever with the free version.  Oh well...guess that's what happens when you think you're getting a good deal.
work less, dance more