News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Problem with Seeding on bt.etree.org

Started by rackham, December 17, 2004, 09:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rackham

I'm a mac osx 10.3 user... I've been downloading tons of shows for a while now, and I want to start giving back. I've seen requests for shows that i have... So I tried to upload my 1st seed on etree today and got this error...

Upload failed!
What did you upload? This is not a bencoded file!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

jedifunk

i'm on mac 10.3 also, but this doesnt sound like a mac error?  its sounds to me as if bt.etree doesnt know what kind of file you are trying to upload.  did you create a torrent file?  this is what you want to upload.

i'm using azureus, which i find to be the best mac bt client.  let me know if you need more help.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

guyforget

I think that you should try to use whatever jedifunk uses to create torrents.  

What software did you try, rackham?  

And what software do you use to create your torrents, jedifunk?
-AD_

jedifunk

I use Azureus for all of it....Torrent creation, Uploading, Downloading.  Its very powerful and feature rich application.  It has more settings than I can shake a stick at.

Definitely the best BT client for Mac, and probably for XP.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

rackham

Holy shite... Azureus is a lot more in depth the the bittorrent client I've using. It's giving me a lot of problems. I get even download with it yet. Any suggestions?