News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/03 - VWA at Encore Park - Alpharetta, GA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, July 03, 2010, 11:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art vandelay

Quote from: sophist on July 13, 2010, 04:17:45 PM
The segue into Caspian is just rough.  No way around it.  It really annoys me and has since I witnessed it happen.  I really think if Trey doesn't want to jam, don't put jam songs in the set.  Fuck it, you want two "first sets" make a show with two first sets.  Otherwise, the neutered jams are exactly nostalgia to me.

agreed 100%.  this kind of put me in a pissy mood for the rest of the set.

how many jams has trey aborted for caspian in 3.0?  this, indio dwd...even sweet jams like the miami tweezer and camden chalk dust end up dissolving into fuckerpants.

WhatstheUse?

soooo maaannny jams.

I just don't get it.

If he is going to kill the jam, it's one thing.... but why does he seem to want to always kill the jam with Caspian?!?! WHHHYYYY????!!!!
Bring in the dude!

mattstick

Trey has said that when he's feeling really good he likes to play Prince Caspian.

He loves floating on those waves I guess...

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mattstick on July 20, 2010, 01:56:51 PM

Trey has said that when he's feeling really good he likes to play Prince Caspian.

He loves floating on those waves I guess...

Right, I've definitely heard that before.

It's just a shame that a lot of phans feel quite differently about the song than he does.

And honestly, it's only been within the last year that I have gained a distain for Caspian.  It used to be such a soaring, peaking, blistering 32nd note rage-fest at times.  Trey could play a fury of notes that would hit you like a gigantic wave!  It was beautiful!

Now the gigantic wave has become a gigantic beached whale.
Bring in the dude!

emay

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mehead on November 12, 2010, 12:09:32 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on November 12, 2010, 12:03:59 PM
This tweezer, I still like it.

listening to it right now, actually

I like it too

My favorite Tweezer I've seen  (wasn't at Miami or Red Rocks though...)

I really dig the funky start of this jam when Trey starts comping using harmonics.

Also, the > Slave that follows is pretty nice as well.  Love the long sustained note from Trey
Bring in the dude!