News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

paug media center dev / troubleshoot thread

Started by guyforget, February 05, 2010, 04:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyforget

IF youre getting an error trying to load page 2 of this thread, its because of the embedded mp3.  Im trying to figure this out currently. 

One strange thing that we have noticed is that if you go to the 'paug phish mp3 album at this link

http://week4paug.net/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=6

and then come back to this thread, page 2 should then load for you and the error should disappear. 

If youve been receiving the error, but have seen it clear up since going to the media center mp3 album, please post at the end of this thread and let me know about your experience. 

im still working on this, it works, but there are some things that id like to change

http://week4paug.net/index.php?action=media;sa=vua

not all users have access to create their own albums, only users w/ over 300 posts can create albums

users with between 300 and 1000 posts will need to have their albums approved

users over 1000 posts get automatic approval on new albums

but i ask you at this point, please refrain from creating new albums until i have everything worked out the way that i want it.  you can browse my test albums for an idea of whats going on, but im not 100% thrilled w/ its behavior yet. 

-AD_

rowjimmy

guyforget

it should be pretty cool

everything you upload will get a tag so that you can post it inline to any post, be it an image, document, .mp3, whatever.  for instance, one of the images i upload was given the tag:

[smg id=4]

and when i post that code, i get this:

[smg id=4]

for people who post a lot of images, they can keep an album there, and have all of their images in one spot, to use at any time, rather than attached to random posts throughout the forum. 

i will also have a "public" album for images for people who dont or wont use it enough to require their own album. 

we can also host music there, like the old downloads section, but i need to set it up for that.  right now i have the max filesize set at 3MB, so id need to change that. 

-AD_

mistercharlie

This idea seems really cool!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sophist

I am the only one that sees what this means?  Blat will now only post pictures from this point forward. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rowjimmy

Quote from: sophist on February 05, 2010, 01:24:47 PM
I am the only one that sees what this means?  Blat will now only post pictures from this point forward.

How is that different from before?

Hell, when you hang out with the guy he waves pictures around in the middle of a conversation. Dude carries a stack of 'em like flashcards.

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

mistercharlie

I've started an album but can't figure out how to put any pic's in it.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

guyforget

Quote from: Mistercharlie on February 05, 2010, 01:33:37 PM
I've started an album but can't figure out how to put any pic's in it.

you might not be able to yet.  i gotta set up permissions.  see attachment, thats at this link

http://week4paug.net/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=4

Quote from: redrum on February 05, 2010, 01:30:29 PM
Quote from: Mistercharlie on February 05, 2010, 01:19:19 PM
This idea seems really cool!

you should be able to make use of this, redrum, after i get it set up. 

i think i can even have an album for all of your youtube's, so we can have them all right here at the 'paug  :banana:
-AD_

mistercharlie

At that screen I have these options so far:

guyforget

ok, mrc, you should be able to upload now. 

also please check that you can upload to the Paug Public PHISH Photo album, please. 
-AD_

blatboom

Quote from: sophist on February 05, 2010, 01:24:47 PM

mistercharlie

I got a strange error message

guyforget

-AD_