News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Started by McGrupp, June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

mopper_smurf

Watched it, but it's a meh... You've been warned.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

barnesy305

Quote from: mopper_smurf on March 15, 2018, 12:49:01 PM

Watched it, but it's a meh... You've been warned.

So pretty much like the band, then.

cactusfan

Dark, a new series funded by Netflix, made in Germany, involving time travel. Very good, very smart, and indeed, very dark.

Wrote up more thoughts here:

www.standbyformindcontrol.com/2018/03/dark-in-which-the-future-is-past-and-vice-versa-and-various-versas-besides/

--but in short, well worth your time if you need a show to watch.

emay

Quote from: cactusfan on March 16, 2018, 01:24:45 PM
Dark, a new series funded by Netflix, made in Germany, involving time travel. Very good, very smart, and indeed, very dark.

Wrote up more thoughts here:

www.standbyformindcontrol.com/2018/03/dark-in-which-the-future-is-past-and-vice-versa-and-various-versas-besides/

--but in short, well worth your time if you need a show to watch.

posted about this show a while ago, excellent show def recommend.

Great write up toO!

anthrax

might have to dive into this soon..

rowjimmy

mehead

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 20, 2018, 09:34:45 AM
Quote from: anthrax on March 19, 2018, 06:30:26 PM

That looks fascinating.

Added to queue. Should get to it by 2020.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mbw

Quote from: mopper_smurf on March 20, 2018, 10:44:49 AM
Quote from: mehead on March 20, 2018, 10:01:18 AM

That looks fascinating.

Watching this.  I think they could have knocked this out as a 2 hour documentary.  Not really feeling 6 hours of this.

shoreline99

In the middle of watching Ugly Delicious, with David Change of Momofuku (yes, he of the Section 119 spicy chicken sandwich fame). Disguised as a cooking show, it's much more political than you think. Curious if anyone here has watched the whole season yet.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: shoreline99 on March 21, 2018, 08:37:33 PM
In the middle of watching Ugly Delicious, with David Change of Momofuku (yes, he of the Section 119 spicy chicken sandwich fame). Disguised as a cooking show, it's much more political than you think. Curious if anyone here has watched the whole season yet.

I've watched it all! I don't usually ever watch cooking/food shows, but put this on randomly one day and really enjoyed it. It's def more than just a cooking show. They really immerse you in the differnt cultures.
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Quote from: mbw on March 21, 2018, 08:23:17 PM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on March 20, 2018, 10:44:49 AM
Quote from: mehead on March 20, 2018, 10:01:18 AM

That looks fascinating.

Watching this.  I think they could have knocked this out as a 2 hour documentary.  Not really feeling 6 hours of this.

Agreed. The whole thing could use less Sheila.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

I don't think it's been mentioned yet in the thread but Rolling Stones: Crossfire Hurricane is pretty good if you're a fan of 70s RnR.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 27, 2018, 07:40:33 PM
I don't think it's been mentioned yet in the thread but Rolling Stones: Crossfire Hurricane is pretty good if you're a fan of 70s RnR.

2nd
Twitter | FB | Instagram