News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Sweet 16 - Round 3 - Natty Dread Region 3-Allman Brothers v. 2-Jimi Hendrix

Started by UncleEbinezer, March 25, 2011, 07:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleEbinezer

Sweet 16 - Round 3 - Natty Dread Region 3-Allman Brothers v. 2-Jimi Hendrix
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

phuzzyfish12

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 25, 2011, 07:51:25 PM
This is like voting Acid vs. Mushrooms... literally...

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard  :clap:

In that case, I guess I should go Allmans. I've always loved the boomers more than the acid.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

fauxpaxfauxreal

cactusfan

nah... this is like voting between mushrooms and joining Zaphod Beeblebrox inside the Total Perspective Vortex.

i'll take the Vortex, i.e. Hendrix.

rowjimmy

Quote from: cactusfan on March 25, 2011, 08:10:56 PM

nah... this is like voting between mushrooms and joining Zaphod Beeblebrox inside the Total Perspective Vortex.

i'll take the Vortex, i.e. Hendrix.

BOOM!

sls.stormyrider

OK - so Jimi is the best guitar player who ever walked the planet.
Also, his songwriting is under-rated, imo

But, as a band - I've gotta go with the Allman Brothers. Duane leads the pack of mere mortals following Jimi (along with EC, SRV, and Derek), never mind Dickey in his prime. Berry Oakley was one of the best bass players in his day - same for Woody and Oteil
Never was there a 2 guitar attack like this, not to mention what the rest of the Brothers did along with them

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

danje

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

phil

Quote from: danje on March 25, 2011, 09:39:00 PM
Allman's no question for me.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the allmans are (nearly) perfect for any situation and no matter who you're with. Many times, they blow your mind so hard you don't even realize it's being blown until you see a puddle of brains on the floor and realize they're yours. Gotta go with the brothers.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?