News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/30 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by rowjimmy, December 30, 2012, 11:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

UncleEbinezer

Sorry to hear about your stuff being stolen.

Don't forget that you computer also had a solid state hard drive.   :-D
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

VDB

That last little jam segment they hit upon in Disease was cool and all, but it really could (should) have blossomed into something much more face-meltingly monumental. Instead it kind of abruptly stopped (Trey) and around came 20YL. That particular tune has a nice, dark "jam" segment at the end of it, I guess, but the song portion itself to get there just doesn't do anything for me live (or on a live recording). The intro and first verse, especially, just seem too sparse and sedate that it really takes the air out of the music, especially coming off a major jam. Yet for some reason Trey seems to favor 20YL in this role.

edit: spelling...
Is this still Wombat?

McGrupp

Yeah, I agree they should have taken that last segment for a spin. It did end really abruptly. Although I will say that while it was happening, it felt like it was a good 4-5 minutes longer than it actually was. But I was also on the fucking moon at that point so what do I know.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

VDB

Quote from: McGrupp on January 05, 2013, 08:20:23 PM
Yeah, I agree they should have taken that last segment for a spin. It did end really abruptly. Although I will say that while it was happening, it felt like it was a good 4-5 minutes longer than it actually was. But I was also on the fucking moon at that point so what do I know.

Yeah, me too...  :smoke:
Is this still Wombat?

jstepan

Quote from: PIE-GUY on January 02, 2013, 08:29:00 PM
Quote from: kellerb on January 02, 2013, 08:27:39 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on January 02, 2013, 07:25:48 PM
Dealing with the cops was major comic relief though. Those guys were hilarious. NY's finest are a quick bunch, and especially while spun, they were extremely entertaining.

I held my tongue for like 2 days.

Do they have any promising leads or anything?

Tey got em working in shifts.

don't forget to check with the boys down in the crime lab
Λ Σ Δ
to Use your head... you have to go out of your mind... Dr Tim Leary

one day we'll figure out the mathematical formula that describes the universe, then, our whole reality will dissolve and a sign will pop up that says 'level two'.

sophist

re: DWD -> 20 Years Later

Composed part is a little sloppy.  Tempo feels a little fast.  Outro to the jam is rough around the edges (all Trey - come on - accent on the 4th beat each time, not hard to nail). 

~ 8 minutes gets interesting
~10 minutes -> nice patience, awesome ck5 work
~12 minutes borders between psychedelic and wankage

I like that it is heavy

~16 minutes.  I like it. 

That heavy metal portion is awesome.  I dug that. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sophist

Last 4 minutes of Carini are really cool.  I liked the end of that as well. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Caravan2001

The DWD is pretty good...Has some good parts. Not amazeballs but solid.  Love the My Woman From Tokyo teases! The Carini has some filthytronic moments for sure!