News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/2/99 YEM Theme in 12/31/99 YEM!

Started by fauxpaxfauxreal, May 15, 2011, 11:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fauxpaxfauxreal

I was listening to the big cypress YEM for the first time in a long time yesterday when I got hit over the head with a familiar theme...

Listen to about 20 seconds starting here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSGY-Uv7-W4#t=04m52s

If you are familiar with the 12/2/99 you will hear a familiar theme!

mistercharlie

Damn, how had I never noticed that before?!?! I love the 12-02-99 YEM, shit is tits!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

fauxpaxfauxreal

I never noticed it either, I thought that was pretty fucking wild and blatant.

I guess that Trey loved that theme too!

mistercharlie

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on May 15, 2011, 11:28:54 AM
I never noticed it either, I thought that was pretty fucking wild and blatant.

I guess that Trey loved that theme too!

How could he not? That is just some pure brilliance of improvisation.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

fauxpaxfauxreal

PS- I like that I tried this thread on PT, and all I got was a bunch of noobs making jokes like "yeah bruh, Trey totally teased the 6/11/94's yem on 6/18/94, LOL".

mistercharlie

That's what you get for hanging out in PT.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 15, 2011, 12:00:47 PM

So you hear it plain as day too?  Because now someone is telling me that it is not there and that "
I don't hear it. What I do here is 3 notes making up a minor chord, but that's not enough to convince me. That 12/2/99 YEM theme is very distinctive."

I think he's just being an idiot, personally.

whatapiper

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

mistercharlie

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on May 15, 2011, 12:02:18 PM

So you hear it plain as day too?  Because now someone is telling me that it is not there and that "
I don't hear it. What I do here is 3 notes making up a minor chord, but that's not enough to convince me. That 12/2/99 YEM theme is very distinctive."

I definitely hear it clear as a bell. It doesn't last long, but it's clearly there.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 15, 2011, 12:47:33 PM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on May 15, 2011, 12:02:18 PM

I definitely hear it clear as a bell. It doesn't last long, but it's clearly there.

Sweet, just making sure I wasn't misremembering 12/2/99 or "taking crazy pills".