News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2/17/90 Amherst Video

Started by Caravan2001, February 18, 2012, 06:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marmar

Ok...so now I've seen the "final" version.....deinterlaced, overscan blacked out, levels smoothed, SBD audio......

Holy sheep shit.....

On a side note, I see 6-95 SPAC is on vid now too.....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

emay

Quote from: Marmar on February 23, 2012, 01:51:07 PM
Ok...so now I've seen the "final" version.....deinterlaced, overscan blacked out, levels smoothed, SBD audio......

Holy sheep shit.....

On a side note, I see 6-95 SPAC is on vid now too.....

hellz yeah! k+
Would love a copy of each  :clap:

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Marmar

Final "version" is done......now I just gotta make it DVD friendly.....grr.....

:)

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

McGrupp

Awesome. want asap. thank you marmar!
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Pholy M. Pia

Your diligence is admirable and appreciated! Can't wait!
"Be in your own movie." - Ken Kesey

Marmar

I'm downloading my private copy as I type.....

It's being put on youtube today with the SBD audio.....

It's gonna get uploaded by me someplace in the not-so-distant future.....you folks will be the first to know!

mistercharlie

The anticipation is building...

Thanks for all your work, Marmar!  :beers:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Marmar

seems like were outta luck folks....

the guy who did this is an amature.....there is no master vhs, and the damn thing is all screwd up....

any resident video guru's wanna shoot me a message and I can give ya the lowdown on this.....I have the master video source, it's in .flv but the frame rate is 30fps, and it's also in a weird resolution.....that kinda stuff is beyond my scope of expertise for converting to dvd compliant elementary streams....

DoW

Quote from: Marmar on February 26, 2012, 08:16:28 AM
seems like were outta luck folks....

the guy who did this is an amature.....there is no master vhs, and the damn thing is all screwd up....

any resident video guru's wanna shoot me a message and I can give ya the lowdown on this.....I have the master video source, it's in .flv but the frame rate is 30fps, and it's also in a weird resolution.....that kinda stuff is beyond my scope of expertise for converting to dvd compliant elementary streams....
thanks for the efforts art.
for me personally, I am fine with having the upgraded audio available for youtube watching.  i.e. I do listen to mp3 if no lossless is available.
I really think the ship has sailed on this stuff anyway.  the new audio for 5/5/92 only has 154 completes.  the target audience has decreased so much that an effort is still appreciated but I am not sure it is worth spending 3 months on something.
thanks for all the work.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

mattstick

DVD is pointless, just post an MKV somewhere.

Marmar

Quote from: mattstick on February 26, 2012, 09:03:17 AM

it isn't pointless for those who want it.....and I know there's folks who want it.....

besides, once you watch the "new" one....the sync is fuckin WAY off.....

Caravan2001

Quote from: Marmar on February 26, 2012, 09:34:48 AM
Quote from: mattstick on February 26, 2012, 09:03:17 AM

it isn't pointless for those who want it.....and I know there's folks who want it.....

besides, once you watch the "new" one....the sync is fuckin WAY off.....

Didn't want to come in and rain on anyone's parade as I truly appreciate the efforts of all involved, but yeah, the "upgrade" is 3-4 frames out of sync, basically unwatchable.....Audio sounds great, but I am going to stick with the original vid.  I would love to help with getting a proper DVD synced and and authored but I just don't have the time.  Thanks Art.

antelope19

I'd love to get my hands on a DVD copy if it ever came available. Thanks for everything, guys!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment