News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Bonnaroo Bitchfest

Started by postjack, February 09, 2010, 10:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postjack

Quote from: postjack on February 09, 2010, 10:35:08 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on February 09, 2010, 09:19:04 AM
Quote from: mattstick on February 09, 2010, 09:14:57 AM

Thanks Bonnaroo for doing this on MySpace.  1996 called and wants it's HTML back.

Even stupider is that the splash page on their website which tells you to go to their myspace doesn't even link to freaking myspace.

well if you think about it, the spirit of Bonnaroo really is inconvenience. Inconvenient crowds, weather, venue, traffic, and camping.  might as well make accessing the lineup a pain in the ass as well.

about the only convenient part is the ease with which one can buy a knot from a gang member.

man I sure was pissed off at Bonnaroo a few years ago for some reason.

Went this past weekend for the first time since 2004 and had an incredible time. I knew it would be fun but I had way more fun then I thought I would.

Phish was a great way to end the weekend. I thought set two was solid 3.0, but it appears most around here disagree. I got a spot on on the rail right in the pit. I don't think Mike's bass will ever feel that awesome again.

Other standout sets included St. Vincent (possible best set of the whole weekend, that girl is insane), Skrillex LN Which (again I got in the pit for this one. crazy energy), Flying Lotus LN (I GO HARD IN THE MUTHAFUCKIN PAINT), SBTRKT, The Word LN, of course Radiohead, even if the Houston show I went to earlier this year was better, and many many more acts.

I stayed in a hotel in Murfreesboro. Getting sleep definitely helped my energy level tremendously.

Anyway I thought it necessary to return here and say I was wrong. Bonnaroo is an extremely well run festival. They had tons of water stations and lots of tents setup just for shade purposes. The lines weren't too long, and all the volunteers I had contact with were friendly and professional. I was worried the crowd would be a bit bro'd out, but I have to say I only encountered a handful of assholes the whole weekend, everyone else I had extremely positive experiences with.

I'll be back next year regardless of the lineup.

Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

khalpin

Quote from: postjack on June 14, 2012, 09:06:39 PM
I got a spot on on the rail right in the pit. I don't think Mike's bass will ever feel that awesome again.

:clap:   :rawk:

McGrupp

Quote from: postjack on June 14, 2012, 09:06:39 PM
Quote from: postjack on February 09, 2010, 10:35:08 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on February 09, 2010, 09:19:04 AM
Quote from: mattstick on February 09, 2010, 09:14:57 AM

Thanks Bonnaroo for doing this on MySpace.  1996 called and wants it's HTML back.

Even stupider is that the splash page on their website which tells you to go to their myspace doesn't even link to freaking myspace.

well if you think about it, the spirit of Bonnaroo really is inconvenience. Inconvenient crowds, weather, venue, traffic, and camping.  might as well make accessing the lineup a pain in the ass as well.

about the only convenient part is the ease with which one can buy a knot from a gang member.

man I sure was pissed off at Bonnaroo a few years ago for some reason.

Went this past weekend for the first time since 2004 and had an incredible time. I knew it would be fun but I had way more fun then I thought I would.

Phish was a great way to end the weekend. I thought set two was solid 3.0, but it appears most around here disagree. I got a spot on on the rail right in the pit. I don't think Mike's bass will ever feel that awesome again.

Other standout sets included St. Vincent (possible best set of the whole weekend, that girl is insane), Skrillex LN Which (again I got in the pit for this one. crazy energy), Flying Lotus LN (I GO HARD IN THE MUTHAFUCKIN PAINT), SBTRKT, The Word LN, of course Radiohead, even if the Houston show I went to earlier this year was better, and many many more acts.

I stayed in a hotel in Murfreesboro. Getting sleep definitely helped my energy level tremendously.

Anyway I thought it necessary to return here and say I was wrong. Bonnaroo is an extremely well run festival. They had tons of water stations and lots of tents setup just for shade purposes. The lines weren't too long, and all the volunteers I had contact with were friendly and professional. I was worried the crowd would be a bit bro'd out, but I have to say I only encountered a handful of assholes the whole weekend, everyone else I had extremely positive experiences with.

I'll be back next year regardless of the lineup.

St. Vincent is incredible. I saw her at The National here in Richmond maybe a month or so back. She really knows how to put on a show. Would see again.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

GBL

Saw St Vincent too and it is was one of the best concerts I have EVER seen!

Such a groovy broad
If this is love, I'm never going home..

PIE-GUY

Hey you st. Vincent fluffers... Did you see this announcement today?  Very excited. Will hit the Austin show.

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/david-byrne-st-vincent-tour-dates-pop-up/

David Byrne & St. Vincent Tour Dates Announced

One of the year's most anticipated tours finds former Talking Heads front man David Byrne teaming up with Annie Clark, better known as St. Vincent. The pair have teamed up for a collaborative album that was recently completed after two and a half years of work. Titled Love This Giant, the LP will drop on September 11 and will be followed by a 24-date tour.

Love This Giant features 10 out of 12 songs written collaboratively as well as a song a piece contributed individually by Byrne and Clark. We're particularly excited to hear LTG track The One Who Broke Your Heart, which features contributions from HT faves the Dap-Kings and Antibalas. For now, you can download the album's lead single entitled Who...

Here's the full list of Byrne / St. Vincent Tour Dates...

9/15 – Minneapolis, MN @ State Theater

9/16 – Milwaukee, WI @ Riverside Theater

9/20 – Toronto, ON @ Queen Elizabeth Theater
9/21 – Montréal, QC @ Eglise St-Jean-Baptiste (POP Montreal)
9/23 – Boston, MA @ Orpheum Theatre

9/25 – New York, NY @ Beacon Theater

9/26 – New York, NY @ Beacon Theater

9/27 – Philadelphia, PA @ Tower Theater

9/29 – Brooklyn, NY @ Williamsburg Park

9/30 – N. Bethesda MD @ The Music Center at Strathmore

10/2 – Nashville, TN @ Ryman Auditorium

10/3 – Atlanta, GA @ Cobb Energy Center

10/5 – Austin, TX @ Bass Concert Hall
10/6 – Houston, TX @ Hobby Center

10/7 – Dallas, TX @ McFarlin Memorial Auditorium (SMU)

10/10 – San Diego, CA @ Humphrey's

10/11 – Santa Barbara, CA @ Arlington Theatre

10/12 – Costa Mesa, CA @ Segerstrom Theater for the Arts

10/13 – Los Angeles, CA @ Greek Theater

10/15 – San Francisco, CA @ Orpheum Theatre

10/17 – Seattle, WA @ 5th Avenue Theatre

10/18 – Portland, OR @ Arlene Schnitzer Auditorium

10/20 – Vancouver, BC @ Centre in Vancouver for the Performing Arts

[via Sors-Tu]
Each show will feature material from Love This Giant as well as tracks from each performer's catalog. "We'll be doing these songs and a bunch of songs that we suspect people will know, with a group that includes eight brass players, a keyboardist and a drummer," David Byrne explained in a statement. [via Exclaim, h/t - CoS]

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

McGrupp

Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 15, 2012, 12:21:06 AM
Hey you st. Vincent fluffers... Did you see this announcement today?  Very excited. Will hit the Austin show.

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/david-byrne-st-vincent-tour-dates-pop-up/

David Byrne & St. Vincent Tour Dates Announced

One of the year's most anticipated tours finds former Talking Heads front man David Byrne teaming up with Annie Clark, better known as St. Vincent. The pair have teamed up for a collaborative album that was recently completed after two and a half years of work. Titled Love This Giant, the LP will drop on September 11 and will be followed by a 24-date tour.

Love This Giant features 10 out of 12 songs written collaboratively as well as a song a piece contributed individually by Byrne and Clark. We're particularly excited to hear LTG track The One Who Broke Your Heart, which features contributions from HT faves the Dap-Kings and Antibalas. For now, you can download the album's lead single entitled Who...

Here's the full list of Byrne / St. Vincent Tour Dates...

9/15 – Minneapolis, MN @ State Theater

9/16 – Milwaukee, WI @ Riverside Theater

9/20 – Toronto, ON @ Queen Elizabeth Theater
9/21 – Montréal, QC @ Eglise St-Jean-Baptiste (POP Montreal)
9/23 – Boston, MA @ Orpheum Theatre

9/25 – New York, NY @ Beacon Theater

9/26 – New York, NY @ Beacon Theater

9/27 – Philadelphia, PA @ Tower Theater

9/29 – Brooklyn, NY @ Williamsburg Park

9/30 – N. Bethesda MD @ The Music Center at Strathmore

10/2 – Nashville, TN @ Ryman Auditorium

10/3 – Atlanta, GA @ Cobb Energy Center

10/5 – Austin, TX @ Bass Concert Hall
10/6 – Houston, TX @ Hobby Center

10/7 – Dallas, TX @ McFarlin Memorial Auditorium (SMU)

10/10 – San Diego, CA @ Humphrey's

10/11 – Santa Barbara, CA @ Arlington Theatre

10/12 – Costa Mesa, CA @ Segerstrom Theater for the Arts

10/13 – Los Angeles, CA @ Greek Theater

10/15 – San Francisco, CA @ Orpheum Theatre

10/17 – Seattle, WA @ 5th Avenue Theatre

10/18 – Portland, OR @ Arlene Schnitzer Auditorium

10/20 – Vancouver, BC @ Centre in Vancouver for the Performing Arts

[via Sors-Tu]
Each show will feature material from Love This Giant as well as tracks from each performer's catalog. "We'll be doing these songs and a bunch of songs that we suspect people will know, with a group that includes eight brass players, a keyboardist and a drummer," David Byrne explained in a statement. [via Exclaim, h/t - CoS]

When is the on-sale date for tickets? Def goonna try to hit the Brooklyn show. On a saturday. Easy.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

postjack

Quote from: Hicks on June 14, 2012, 11:37:03 PM
Skrillex, LOL.

can't help what I love. bonnaroo was my fourth Skrillex show, no nans.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

mattstick

Glad to see your ridiculous and seemingly uniformed opinion has been changed, swayed by experience and fact.

Hicks

Quote from: postjack on June 15, 2012, 08:13:55 AM
Skrillex, LOL.

Enjoy the death of electronic music!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

postjack

Quote from: Hicks on June 15, 2012, 10:42:35 AM
Quote from: postjack on June 15, 2012, 08:13:55 AM
Skrillex, LOL.

Enjoy the death of electronic music!

so long as bands like SBTRKT keep pulling crowds like they did at roo I think intelligent EDM will prosper.

blatboom

Quote from: mattstick on June 15, 2012, 08:18:14 AM
Glad to see your ridiculous and seemingly uniformed opinion has been changed, swayed by experience and fact.

he said he had been before...

Quote from: postjack on June 14, 2012, 09:06:39 PMWent this past weekend for the first time since 2004