News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

funny/retarded question

Started by jedifunk, January 12, 2005, 11:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

ok so i've tried to figure some of these out but i guess i'm too lame or just too old or something to get it, so can someone clue me in on some of these forum acronyms.

so i get ones like:
lol
btw
fwiw
roflmao
lmao
ty

but what about:
WOB
SSIA
and any others you can think of.

i'm sure they're all really easy, but i've given up trying to figure them out

thanks from a out of touch internet geek :wink:
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mattstick

WOB = waste of bandwidth
SSIA = subject says it all

jedifunk

thanks, i wouldnt have guess either of those.

i was thinking ssia had something to do with "ss in advance" or something.

shows you what i know.

guess i just stick to downloading & seeding.

but explain WOB to me now, cuz i don't get how it relates to seeding shows in return for an ISO.

thanks.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

I was curious about SSIA too.  I never saw WOB.

-Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

mattstick

By posting an ISO, someone is essentially wasting our bandwidth for us to load the page - in exchange for wasting our bandwidth, they should seed something.

guyforget

WOB comes from the old days of mailing lists.  

Basically its just an attempt to give something back in return for getting something for yourself.  If you post an ISO you also post a WOB.  I think it was always less about bandwidth and more about spreading music.  If you take something, give something in return...  

Im about 90% more apt to seed something for people who also seed things.  I try to fill those people's requests first, even if it doesnt always work out that way.  I think that since we started this board we've done pretty good getting stuff posted for people that have stepped up to our small community and seeded stuff for the newbies.
-AD_

jedifunk

word, thanks for the explanation.

in any case, thanks for all the seeds you guys put out.  i try to do my part as best as possible.  i am grateful for every show i've gotten from a week4paug request.

i've tried to help you guys as much as possible.  my list of ISOs i said i'd seed has been hovering around 10 shows for a while now.

thanks again.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

guyforget

We appreciate anyone who steps up to seed for others as well.  Nobody would have anything if people didnt share, so thanks to everyone who does!
-AD_

ucusty