News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-07-24 The Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - San Francisco, CA - Post-Show

Started by mistercharlie, July 25, 2018, 05:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Set I:
46 Days, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, Pigtail, Cities > Nellie Kane, Gumbo, Guyute, Axilla, The Dogs, Dirt, David Bowie

Set II:
The Moma Dance > A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing > Mercury > Carini > Maze, Boogie On Reggae Woman > Harry Hood

E: The Squirming Coil
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

Nice looking show but that 2nd set looks spectacular. I'd be losing my shit.
Can't wait to hear it.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on July 25, 2018, 07:18:21 AM
Nice looking show but that 2nd set looks spectacular. I'd be losing my shit.
Can't wait to hear it.

YES.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

mehead

Went straight to the Mercury > Carini > Maze this morning. Good stuff, especially the Carini.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

rowjimmy

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

cactusfan

Carini was the highlight for me last night. Song I Heard also went to some interesting places, and the jam in Mercury was real nice too. The song part of Mercury still has me mystified. I think I like it less every time I hear it.

WhatstheUse?

First of all, Bill Graham is the bees knees! Not a bad seat in the house and the energy is absolutely through the roof. Crowd was 10x louder all night than Gorge or Tahoe - SF knows how to party, go figure...

As for the show, I fully enjoyed the first set, pretty standard (good) playing and I loved the song selection. Thought they were gonna go no repeats all west coast for a minute there.  Second set gets a bit hazy for me as I may or may not have had one too many beers... and Michelle definitely had one too many beers. Moments before the second set started Michelle ran into a friend who hugged her, knocked a full beer out of her hands and onto everyone around us. People were not pleased. So Moma Dance pretty much consisted of leaving that area and drying off Michelle.  We got back in (new spot) and raged the ASIHTOS, which I really enjoyed. Past that point.... my primary focus became taking care of the drunk GF, which is always a blast. Somewhere around Boogie on we reached the "I neeeeeed foooood NOW or I'm gonna throw a hissy fit" stage...... followed by the "I think I'm gonna puke and I need you to come stand outside the bathroom" stage ....... which then reached its ultimate form in the "Can we leave now" stage. Which, of course is a strong 'NO' from me until the shows over. So.... Coil sounded decent from the door in the hallway near the exit.

So yeah...Yay Phish, yay alcohol. amiright?
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

and THAT is why I don't buy drinks in shows.
(The price is also a strike against.)

PIE-GUY

Scotty just described EVERY concert I attended for the six years of my first marriage. Good times.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Hicks

Ha, and here I had the opposite problem on Sunday when I needed more beer to fuel the fire but couldn't quite motivate to leave my spot. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

cactusfan

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 25, 2018, 03:14:36 PM
First of all, Bill Graham is the bees knees! Not a bad seat in the house and the energy is absolutely through the roof. Crowd was 10x louder all night than Gorge or Tahoe - SF knows how to party, go figure...

As for the show, I fully enjoyed the first set, pretty standard (good) playing and I loved the song selection. Thought they were gonna go no repeats all west coast for a minute there.  Second set gets a bit hazy for me as I may or may not have had one too many beers... and Michelle definitely had one too many beers. Moments before the second set started Michelle ran into a friend who hugged her, knocked a full beer out of her hands and onto everyone around us. People were not pleased. So Moma Dance pretty much consisted of leaving that area and drying off Michelle.  We got back in (new spot) and raged the ASIHTOS, which I really enjoyed. Past that point.... my primary focus became taking care of the drunk GF, which is always a blast. Somewhere around Boogie on we reached the "I neeeeeed foooood NOW or I'm gonna throw a hissy fit" stage...... followed by the "I think I'm gonna puke and I need you to come stand outside the bathroom" stage ....... which then reached its ultimate form in the "Can we leave now" stage. Which, of course is a strong 'NO' from me until the shows over. So.... Coil sounded decent from the door in the hallway near the exit.

So yeah...Yay Phish, yay alcohol. amiright?

Yup. We've all been there. Sorry it made you miss out on remembering that Carini.

VA $l!m

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 25, 2018, 03:56:18 PM
Scotty just described EVERY concert I attended for the six years of my first marriage. Good times.
lulz, so true. been there done that... though sometimes with other droogz and slightly varrying results.

Welcome to the club Scotty. your officially grown up now,,,or something like that.  :-D
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-