News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

09/14 - Champlain Valley Exposition - Essex Junction, VT - Post-Show Discussion

Started by rowjimmy, September 14, 2011, 11:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nakedpa

Quote from: nab on September 14, 2011, 11:15:50 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 14, 2011, 11:10:22 PM
Quality b-day rawk.

Show was good rock.  I'll have to listen to it again to form a better opinion, but I thought that Moma, Gin, Slave, and Twist were all pretty solid.  I kept hoping for the Oye Como Va to materialize out of Twist though.....

I didn't get this in on the LST thread, but it seemed appropriate given the last round of pictures. 

My ghetto solution to keeping my laptop cool for the whole show.  It tends to overheat on long video playback.

sorry to see that you're a browns fan too...   :shakehead:

VDB

Kudos to Gumbo for his six-way group orgy in the middle of a Phish show. I hope Page Side & Rage Side were among the participants.
Is this still Wombat?

twatts

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

Superfreakie

Quality b-day rawk.

This it was. This it was. Loved the show, but analytical assessment is impossible seeing as I was this guy  :wtu: ......as would be expected of course.

I believe I phoned MBW last night according to my phone logs....but I'm not sure if I spoke to a human.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mbw

Quote from: Superfreakie on September 15, 2011, 10:23:21 AM
Quality b-day rawk.

This it was. This it was. Loved the show, but analytical assessment is impossible seeing as I was this guy  :wtu: ......as would be expected of course.

I believe I phoned MBW last night according to my phone logs....but I'm not sure if I spoke to a human.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

you indeed did.  mumbled some crazy shit, then said something to the effect of you were not sure if you were speaking english, then hung up. 

:clap:

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on September 15, 2011, 10:41:35 AM
Quote from: Superfreakie on September 15, 2011, 10:23:21 AM
Quality b-day rawk.

you indeed did.  mumbled some crazy shit, then said something to the effect of you were not sure if you were speaking english, then hung up. 

:clap:
Now that's a birthday celebration :beerbang:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on September 15, 2011, 09:45:07 AM
Kudos to Gumbo for his six-way group orgy in the middle of a Phish show. I hope Page Side & Rage Side were among the participants.

well, at least rage side.  :evil:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

JPhishman

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 15, 2011, 06:40:28 AM
I was not psyched about this show at all.  Was expecting much bigger things  for the VT phamily.

Julius was probably the highlight for me.  R&R~>Twist was brutal.  My least favorite show of the tour other than maybe Hollywood Bowl.

I can't believe I just hated that much.... what's happening to me!  :crazy:

yeah this show felt pretty phoned in to me... with the exception of Carini>DWD. Had a good time watching the stream with Caravan, Hicks and Burmesepython though.

Glad to hear SF had a great time. Couldn't have been any other way.

Other highlights: Wolfmans (always), Zero (It was weird), and Fishmans hurricane dress.

:phish:
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

Hicks

lol @ Gumbo, this show was definitely subpar even for 3.0, pretty SER ripcords out of Rock n' Roll and Twist IMO.

Carini> DWD was pretty sweet though.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sunrisevt

Not a record-breaker, but not phoned in either, IMHO. Wolfman's and Bathtub Gin both went places in the first set. Second set had some fire. I'll know more after I listen to the record.

I was all over the place, literally 100's of friends attending. It was a treat seeing so many 'paugers here in VT--got to meet SF finally, saw 92 a few times, had a beer w/ birdman & bros before hitting the lot, and met mb's & rr's baby girl. Unquestionably a win for sunrisevt yesterday.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Caravan2001

Pretty much what I expected from a tacked-on at the end of the tour benefit.  A greatest hits, short and sweet blaster....Had some good parts but they never really let it all hang out.  Still fun to watch the stream with the other PDX Paugers.....I would have a had a great time if I was there.  The Rock and Roll got pretty much sliced in half which sucks....The Slave was really good, but odd placement, kind of brought some energy down IMO....Still, nothing stands out as 'bad', just pretty "safe" which again, is what I expected from a benefit.  I was reading some reviews around the web, or at least stumbled upon some hate and it's like what a bunch of douches.  Phish plays a free show to raise money for Vermont, which they desperately need and that's all there is to it.  Why sweat them? Sure, I could have used a Bag, Camel Walk, YEM, Reba or Bowie, but whatevs...they didn't have to do anything but they gave back to the community so as far as I am concerned, this show was a major winner.  Happy birthday SF!!!!

VA $l!m

glad to see people had a good time.

congrats SF for makin the trip bud, hope me and you can make a show together sometime soon.

and glad you were uber tuned in gumbo, keep your head up bud!

:phish:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-