News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/29 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion

Started by runawayjimbo, December 29, 2011, 11:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

Multibeast12

Listening to this YEM on the live phish app right now.  Not to bad, Page was tearing ass during the organ solo part.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: bvaz on December 30, 2011, 12:27:55 AM
Trey was on something tonight. He sure wasn't healthy and it was awesome.

We were kind of joking about that.  He had that "disheveled look".  I can't wait to hear that Mike's Groove again.  Especially the week4paug.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

antelope19

So, having heard very little of this run(really just the cities) so far and basing this solely on what I'm reading from you all, it looks like Trey's playing has improved since the Summer.  So what is it?  We know they're not practicing.  Would it be safe to say that playing that hipster "crap" has helped?  :-) 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

kellerb

Quote from: antelope19 on December 30, 2011, 10:08:22 AM
So, having heard very little of this run(really just the cities) so far and basing this solely on what I'm reading from you all, it looks like Trey's playing has improved since the Summer.  So what is it?  We know they're not practicing.  Would it be safe to say that playing that hipster "crap" has helped?  :-)

I think that's just sophist that super-hates on summer '11.

birdman

The mikes groove was worth the price of admission last night. I don't hesitate to call it a monster. Loads of fun last night with the Paug crew. Looking forward to doing it all again.
Paug FTMFW!

mattstick

Sloppy, but they took some risks.  The setlist seemed to be a bit of a throwdown - one for "the kids".

No need for Zero or Show of Life... Trey really has to re-learn how to end a show.

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on December 30, 2011, 10:26:22 AM

Sloppy, but they took some risks.  The setlist seemed to be a bit of a throwdown - one for "the kids".

No need for Zero or Show of Life... Trey really has to re-learn how to end a show.

It's true.   :|

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sunrisevt

Quote from: mattstick on December 30, 2011, 10:26:22 AM

I'm sure they talked about that during the encore break.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Marmar

So far I like what I've heard.....some slop, but nothing too glaring....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

UncleEbinezer

Yup!  This week4paug is just as good this morning as it was last night.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

VA $l!m

Too bad the show ended at weekapaug. Post show music was a downer.

wow, really?
damn, does this mean i  have to start listening to phish again?
i was sorta hoping he stayed sober so i had no reason to ever think they'd sound good again.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

DoW

Quote from: VA $l!m on December 30, 2011, 11:08:51 AM

wow, really?
i was sorta hoping he stayed sober so i had no reason to ever think they'd sound good again.
not really but last night is worth a listen.
it's not epic or anything but it is enjoyable.  there are some highlights but I think the difference is the lows seem to becoming fewer.  show of life and zero were a buzz kill after the weekapaug but it was a good show up until that point.  everything is still on a curve but I'm glad I saw last night.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

VA $l!m

Quote from: bvaz on December 30, 2011, 11:13:46 AM
Quote from: VA $l!m on December 30, 2011, 11:08:51 AM

wow, really?
not really but last night is worth a listen.
it's not epic or anything but it is enjoyable.  there are some highlights but I think the difference is the lows seem to becoming fewer.  show of life and zero were a buzz kill after the weekapaug but it was a good show up until that point.  everything is still on a curve but I'm glad I saw last night.

cool. my best friend that lives in NY still caught these first two shows. she seemed pleasantly surprised.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-