News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Trey and Page on NPR's Morning Edition Tomorrow.

Started by ytowndan, September 03, 2009, 03:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

okelnard

http://www.phish.com/news/index.php?year=2009#story453

There's the link to the phish news.  You'll have to check your local stations for the time of the broadcast. 

enjoy!
"What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on here?" - Taggart

"We liked number 217."  - Trey

"If you think you know what the hell is going on, you're probably full of shit."  - Robert Anton Wilson

gainesvillegreen

So, is this one of those instances with regard to the paug being so fast, we sent npr the interview? Kinda like with the setlists, dan?

:-D
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

okelnard

okay, so I didn't see this thread when I saw the Trey / Page interview on Twitter this evening...  :oops:  I should have looked a bit more.

Glad to see that it did get picked up by you on the ball 'paugers.

"If you think you know what the hell is going on, you're probably full of shit."  - Robert Anton Wilson

Caravan2001

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ytowndan

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on September 03, 2009, 10:54:28 PM
So, is this one of those instances with regard to the paug being so fast, we sent npr the interview? Kinda like with the setlists, dan?

:-D

:lol:
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

PhishPhan

flow00

khalpin

Quote from: flow00 on September 04, 2009, 08:39:52 AM
You should be able to hear all of Morning Edition starting at 9 a.m. ET at http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=3
+K for the link!  I figured there had to be a stream somewhere.

okelnard

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Mr Minor

"It's interesting," he adds, "because when we're in the studio making a record, I already know that most of the fans aren't really going to think much of it. I don't necessarily worry that I'm going to please them, because what they want is the live show — they don't really want this album. So many previous albums we've released have come out, and the hardcore fan base doesn't really embrace it."

Interesting take from the band's perspective.

Superfreakie

Quote from: Mr Minor on September 04, 2009, 09:22:14 AM
"It's interesting," he adds, "because when we're in the studio making a record, I already know that most of the fans aren't really going to think much of it. I don't necessarily worry that I'm going to please them, because what they want is the live show — they don't really want this album. So many previous albums we've released have come out, and the hardcore fan base doesn't really embrace it."

Interesting take from the band's perspective.

First thing I thought when I saw that quote was this belongs on the Joy review thread.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Poster Nutbag

Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ