News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

MSMW Tour

Started by converse29, October 30, 2006, 03:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cleech74

"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

danje

Last night's show was awesome. Scofield was super on for the second set. I was amazed at his geezer steez. He was crouched over his guitar shaking back and forth chewing gum with his mouth open and I was laughing my ass off all night.

cleech74

From a distance, it looks like Robert Duvall is playing mad jazz guit-box.  I laughed a lot on Saturday night.
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

Casey Lenahan

Will the shows be up on etree?
I owe Aug $20

converse29

Quote from: danje on November 12, 2006, 08:31:59 PM
Last night's show was awesome. Scofield was super on for the second set. I was amazed at his geezer steez. He was crouched over his guitar shaking back and forth chewing gum with his mouth open and I was laughing my ass off all night.
When I saw Scofield's band on his Uberjam tour he was talking about being clean of drugs in-between songs. More power to him imo. I think he's a positive human creating great music.

rowjimmy

Quote from: converse29 on October 30, 2006, 04:40:42 PM
I think Clyde Stubblefield was the drummer...

Wow I forgot about that too.
I even saw them:

Quote09/28/1998 - Autumn Equinox Festival - Wilmers Park - Brandywine MD
Touring & playing with John Scofield - Medeski, Stubblefield & Wood

One Set Only:  A Go Go, Chank > Jeep On 35, Kubrick, Unknown > Unknown, Boozer, Chicken Dog
Encore:  Blues Improv

I should be able to get a DAT of it, too.

susep

Listening to 12Nov. Northampton now>Tequila and Chocolate in set 1 is tasty.  Similar to Cubanos.  Also I liked New New Orleans, Scofield rips.  Nice show.

susep

any other impressions from this tour?

WhatstheUse?

I saw them last thursday at the Berklee Performence Center and i thought it was an amazing show but kind of weird vibe cuz everyone was just sitting in seats...it wasnt until the encore that like half the people stood up and danced.....but good show definetely
Bring in the dude!

westcider

counting down the days until Saturday at the Vic!

OlfactoryHue

I went to the electric factory show, this was the first time i got to see mmw live, and decided this would be the best time to do so since they had sco with them on this tour.  they took me to outer space, i let the music totally take over, some really good jams, now some did loose steam, but i've come to expect that with improv music, but when they were clicking it was time for outer space exploration

hello to all by the way, first post on the board, i've been here a few times for links to shows and such but was reading some threads earlier and decided to create an account and say howdy.  I normally post on oh kee pah .  By the way if anybody is a fan of primo cheeba, or any information on cheeba check out www.icmag.com  it is the new overgrow since that has been shut down.
"What do you think you are, for Chrissake, crazy or somethin'? Well you're not! You're not! You're no crazier than the average asshole out walkin' around on the streets and that's it." Randle Patrick McMurphy

westcider

just got back from the vic, wow, that was fantastic.  sometimes it seemed like mmw was just his backing band, but i didn't mind at all, cuz sco just tore shit up!  and for the first time i saw medeski play actual music on the mellotron.

kellerb

I am pumped for tonight at the Vogue in Indy. 

cleech74

Thanks to stsWook, here is the 9:30 Club show.  Just in time for X-Mas! :banana:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=502538

VA $l!m

Quote from: cleech74 on December 13, 2006, 11:28:14 PM
Thanks to stsWook, here is the 9:30 Club show.  Just in time for X-Mas! :banana:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=502538
------------------------------------
"No Setlist. If you have one please email
to innisn@gmail.com
In lieu of setlist, I put in there if you
should skip or listen to each track.
Some of this stuff is so "experimental,"
I like to skip it instead of fall asleep."
--------------------------------------

:lol:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-