News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RUSH Geeks rejoice!!

Started by PIE-GUY, April 08, 2010, 09:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Quote from: mopper_smurf on April 15, 2010, 05:18:03 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on April 15, 2010, 04:53:41 PM
Rush does put on one helluva show.  I'd say they have one of the best 'Live Shows' around.

I enjoyed the two Rotterdam shows that were used for Snakes and Arrows Live immensely.

Snakes and Arrows was a great tour. Complete with Bob & Doug McKenzie and the kids from South Park.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

twatts

I saw Rush in 92...  Primus opened for them, it was awesome...  I also saw them in 90 and thought that was very good... 

I didn't see them again until Snakes a few years ago...  I have to admit, I liked old Rush better...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

Caravan2001

Quote from: khalpin on April 15, 2010, 01:33:26 PM
Quote from: khalpin on April 08, 2010, 10:18:42 AM
Sweet.  When's the last time they played The Camera Eye live?
To answer my own question, 1983.

I was gonna say...I've been seeing them since '82 (2 nights at Radio City boyee!) and have never seen it.  Might have seen it in '83 but I doubt it....Moving Pictures is not my fave album by a longshot, but I might go.....If they played 2112 or Farewell to Kings complete, I'd jizz....

PIE-GUY

more reasons for Rush fans to rejoice...

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/Story.aspx?StoryID=22513

QuoteThe Rush  documentary Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage will be in theaters nationwide in June. Exact cities and dates to be announced later.

This exciting news comes on the heels of the worldwide film premiere at Tribeca Film Festival on April 24 as well as the recent announcement of a 40-city "Time Machine Tour" to kick off on June 29 in Albuquerque, NM. This tour will feature the entire Moving Pictures album in its entirety.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

EducateFright

Holy shit, Rush playing Moving Pictures in its entirety?
I had no idea! :-o
I also was able to catch the S&A tour... I believe they opened with Witch Hunt, though we weren't inside yet (which upset me as I was not comfortable with the idea of missing that song)! :crazy:

antelope19

Quote from: Superfreakie on April 15, 2010, 03:01:28 PM
Funny. Rush is a really divisive band in the music community. You either love 'em or you can't stand 'em. Being a Canadian and a drummer basically means I have to love 'em, but between you and me, I can't stand 'em. I say between you and me because, in Canada, Rush is enshrined in our constitution. Yeah, we have really strange constitutions up here, none of that second amendment rights bs. We have stuff like "whenever you hear Rush on the radio, you must cease all activity and commence headbanging and air drumming". Crazy eh!   

LOL
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VA $l!m

Quote from: twatts on April 15, 2010, 08:02:28 PM
I saw Rush in 92...  Primus opened for them, it was awesome...  I also saw them in 90 and thought that was very good... 

I didn't see them again until Snakes a few years ago...  I have to admit, I liked old Rush better...

Terry

funny i also saw rush with primus in 92... and in 90 with MR BIGG!!!!! :mrgreen: :-o
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

DI

Funny. Rush is a really divisive band in the music community. You either love 'em or you can't stand 'em. Being a Canadian and a drummer basically means I have to love 'em, but between you and me, I can't stand 'em. I say between you and me because, in Canada, Rush is enshrined in our constitution. Yeah, we have really strange constitutions up here, none of that second amendment rights bs. We have stuff like "whenever you hear Rush on the radio, you must cease all activity and commence headbanging and air drumming". Crazy eh!   
Nah, I'm a Canadian drummer and I don't care for them much at all. I actually don't think Rush is too big where I live (Vanc Island), probably more of an east coast thing.

mistercharlie

Quote from: DI on May 26, 2010, 05:18:43 AM
Nah, I'm a Canadian drummer and I don't care for them much at all. I actually don't think Rush is too big where I live (Vanc Island), probably more of an east coast thing.

Even in Canada there's an East Coast-West Coast rivalry. So who killed Canadian Tupac?  :roll:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

kellerb

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 26, 2010, 09:19:12 AM

Even in Canada there's an East Coast-West Coast rivalry. So who killed Canadian Tupac?  :roll:

Well, the case is still unsolved, but it seems like retaliation resulted in the death of Canadian Biggie (John Candy).  Also still unsolved.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: kellerb on May 26, 2010, 09:47:36 AM

Well, the case is still unsolved, but it seems like retaliation resulted in the death of Canadian Biggie (John Candy).  Also still unsolved.
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Not much of a Rush fan myself.  I can appreciate their talent as musicians but their music just doesn't appeal to me.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

kellerb

Quote from: Phishy69 on May 26, 2010, 02:10:16 PM

Not much of a Rush fan myself.  I can appreciate their talent as musicians but their music just doesn't appeal to me.

Ahh, we have another suspect.

Caravan2001

I have a good friend on Vanc Island, lives on Hidden Plateau......It's awesome there....

Superfreakie

Quote from: kellerb on May 26, 2010, 06:16:00 PM

and we'll soon be looking at another victim.  :evil:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

kellerb

Quote from: Superfreakie on May 27, 2010, 03:32:24 AM
Quote from: kellerb on May 26, 2010, 06:16:00 PM

and we'll soon be looking at another victim.  :evil:

I ain't even in this rap game