News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Star Wars: The Force Awakens discussion

Started by VDB, December 19, 2015, 05:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: blatboom on January 10, 2016, 06:03:45 PM
yeah but we're 30 years past the emperor now and you can't really think Snoke is simply his successor.. I mean he might be but that's kinda weak imo

Successor? I certainly didn't say that.
I simply meant that his limited presence in this film is similar to that of the Emperor in Ep4 and I don't see you guys moaning that Palpatine didn't do shit in the first SW flick.

Hicks

Do they even mention Palpatine by name in ANH? 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Hicks

Quote from: zimbra on January 10, 2016, 08:21:53 PM
Quote from: Hicks on January 10, 2016, 06:50:03 PM

I don't think so..

Heh, yeah I was pretty sure he was created for Empire but then these dudes had me questioning my cred. 

ETA:  Wait, he is mentioned a single time by Tarkin in relation to the dissolution of the Senate. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

zimbra

Quote from: Hicks on January 10, 2016, 08:25:44 PM
Quote from: zimbra on January 10, 2016, 08:21:53 PM
Quote from: Hicks on January 10, 2016, 06:50:03 PM

I don't think so..

Heh, yeah I was pretty sure he was created for Empire but then these dudes had me questioning my cred. 

ETA:  Wait, he is mentioned a single time by Tarkin in relation to the dissolution of the Senate.

I don't remember this but I'm assuming you're referencing when Tarkin is talking about the dissolution of the Senate because of the Rebel Alliance to Vader and a few others?  What does he say about Palpatine?
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VDB

QuoteGovernor Tarkin: The Imperial Senate will no longer be of any concern to us. I have just received word that the Emperor has dissolved the council permanently. The last remnants of the Old Republic have been swept away forever.
General Tagge: But that's impossible! How will the Emperor maintain control without the bureaucracy?
Governor Tarkin: The regional governors now have direct control over their territories. Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this battle station.

Is this still Wombat?

zimbra

- Trey Anastasio

VDB

Caught this one more time in the theater tonight. Still great. My heart still breaks for Chewie.

I think my favorite moment in the film still might be the very end with the Luke reveal, for the simultaneous big-payoff yet leave-you-wanting-more aspects.

Also, I kind of have a crush on Daisey Ridley.
Is this still Wombat?