News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

First Song at Hampton

Started by cactusfan, October 01, 2008, 06:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Was driving my Dad's XM equipped car this Xmas, and popped on the Zep Channel.  I never really listen to Zep, so it was good to hear them after several years off.  First up was Achilles Last Stand....if Phish played that it would be off the chains, but the next song they played was Nobody's Fault But Mine...It would be funny to hear Trey belt that one out.....

Ri©h

Quote from: caravan2001 on December 30, 2008, 08:34:41 PM
First up was Achilles Last Stand....if Phish played that it would be off the chains...

I have wondered many, many times what it would sound like if the boys covered this.  I think the only one that would have the hardest time with it might be Fish.  Bonham's changes and fills on that song are absolutely insane.  Don't get me wrong...  I don't doubt for one second that he could do it.  But of all the Zep songs to cover I guarantee that one would be a challenge for him.  Achilles was Bonham's drumming zenith. 

I have a bootleg of strictly John Bonham drum tracks from the studio and you should hear his workout for that song.  The man was a fucking beast.   :-o

rowjimmy

Achilles Last Stand is a serious tit ripper.
If Phish played that with serious gusto, I'd probably have a coronary.

Ri©h

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 31, 2008, 01:27:04 PM
Achilles Last Stand is a serious tit ripper.
If Phish played that with serious gusto, I'd probably have a coronary.

Yep.  Full blown heart attack.  I think the crowd would be going absolutely nuts as well.  That song is like a national anthem for all Zep fans.  Myself included.

GBL

Quote from: G. Augusto on October 01, 2008, 06:54:49 PM
2001 with a 10 minute intro before Fish drops the beat.
Place would go ape.
a

this is still the BEST pick, IMO

or even better.. 2001 -> Mike's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If this is love, I'm never going home..

Gumbo72203

yeah.....   

i mean honestly, the most likely picks i think are Chalkdust, 2001, a new song, or Maze.

and YEM.   

and Ghost

or Piper, but they could also come out with something totally gnarly like a McGrupp or Mike's Song > Gamehendge > Weekapaug Groove. 

or Mango song would be sick. 

but you know i just HAD to make this post the way I made this post to be.  it couldn't have not been not any other possible way at all.  See, i need to get started on practicing for post of the year for 2009.  i mean, every day counts right?  Like, its not like i can slack off at all and expect to still be expected to be the winner of the post of the year for calendar year 2009.  Its like the anti-unrepelling force...... 

you know what i'm talking about.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Bobafett

he speaks in tounges...he's full of the spirit. :wink:
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Ri©h

Quote from: Bobafett on January 02, 2009, 02:44:36 PM
he speaks in tounges...he's full of the spirit. :wink:

Them snake handlers get that way from time to time.

Declan

First song will be:

WADING IN THE VELVET SEA   

heheheheh                :evil: :evil:
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

blastoplast

Quote from: Declan on January 03, 2009, 02:18:00 AM
First song will be:

WADING IN THE VELVET SEA   

heheheheh                :evil: :evil:

yeah right.  Wading in the Velvet Sea>Friday for a killer opener.  That would no doubt get the crowd totally enthused!
If you listen too closely to the sound, you might miss the music.  -Jim Henson

newplanet7

Love to see, not a song but straight up improv for 10min.
Born from nothing.
Quote from: phan003 on June 16, 2007, 01:41:44 PM
Funny would be applying super glue to your nuts and putting said nuts on her face.  Talk about "seeing the light" and remaining faithful to the indigo girls manifesto.  :wink: 

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 16, 2007, 10:33:26 PM
There's more airbrush on that shot than on a Peterbilt with a flame job.
:lol:

"Gus Johnson Got the key"

rowjimmy

Quote from: newplanet7 on January 03, 2009, 06:44:02 PM
Born from nothing.

Isn't that why you see mmw shows?

blastoplast

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 03, 2009, 06:52:11 PM
Born from nothing.

that's where the "headphones jam" came from and most people seem to like that.  I've often thought I would like to see more straight up improv from Phish, but they often get there fifteen minutes into a jam that has nothing to do with the song they started with anyway.

MMW shows are pretty beautiful things as well.
If you listen too closely to the sound, you might miss the music.  -Jim Henson

rowjimmy

Quote from: blastoplast on January 04, 2009, 10:45:33 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on January 03, 2009, 06:52:11 PM
Born from nothing.

that's where the "headphones jam" came from and most people seem to like that.  I've often thought I would like to see more straight up improv from Phish, but they often get there fifteen minutes into a jam that has nothing to do with the song they started with anyway.

MMW shows are pretty beautiful things as well.

Yep. And the Tower Jam, too.

I just don't think Phish is willing to go there to open a 'regular' show (whatever that is.)

Not that I'd mind if they did.

WhatstheUse?

yah, I dont see that happenning either, but I definitely wouldn't mind it!
Bring in the dude!