News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

B & Ps/Helping those w/ no high-speed connections

Started by Itsnotanexperience, April 20, 2005, 05:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itsnotanexperience

I know there's a huge portion of phishnation that don't have
high speed cable modems or even dsl, and are cut out of the
BT, torrent process as a result, that are jonesing the way we
do for shows, but can't do anything about it..........i'd love to post
my .shn/flac and audio list somewhere and make some b & P offers
to some of our high-speed-challened, phriends, but where should i
do that?

Hokker

post your list on db.etree.org it is fairly easy to do. I have hooked up a number of folks with B+P's just set your trading "number" to high and folks will contact you for stuff they want. Also you can post show to the alt.binaries.phish newsgroup to help spread the tunes.

As an example take a look at my list as an example.
http://db.etree.org/hokker
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
― Friedrich Nietzsche

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."
― Frank Zappa

Itsnotanexperience

VA $l!m

Quote from: ItsnotanexperienceI know there's a huge portion of phishnation that don't have
high speed cable modems or even dsl, and are cut out of the
BT, torrent process as a result, that are jonesing the way we
do for shows, but can't do anything about it.
:) i am so glad you made this post , it made my day just seeing that there is understanding and compasionate family out there.
i going to try and avoid a long speech here, BUT...
    i originally came to  this sight as just a place to talk about phish , not to get music neccesarily.  and i hope everyone here understands the magnitude of the gift of highspeed and such. i remember the days...of b+ps of XLIIs and such...etc.  I mean, some of you remember how important generousity and real efforts in sharing were.
  i personally just went through a drastic move from the east coast to the midwest , and my entire music collection is indefinitely locked up in storage 1000s of miles away from where i am now.  Only thanks to kind efforts from friends do i have any music right now, because i am stranded w/ out a high speed connection.
  All i am saying is that, in my opinion it is all about sharing in the groove and that means helping out those that are less fortunate than you sometimes.
  that's all , peace
-stickman.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Itsnotanexperience

sorry - i just now saw this - how can i help man?  do you have a burner
of any kind?   you just need some flac/shn CD-Rs sent your way?   audio
CDs - how I can hook ya up?

VA $l!m

yeah, i got a burner, i just started using this machine though, and i've only used it to burn cds so far...
it says it burns dvds but i havent done that yet,,,if it can burn video dvds and cds ...does that mean that i could use it to burn audio dvds????...i've never used dvdaudio media before , and i don't neccesarliy understand everything that this machine/the software is capable of yet, etc...
sorry i'm so lo-tech, but i just want to make sure i am able to do the dvdr thing which makes the b+p thing sound a lot easier for everyone involved , especially for me to get a large # shows to start posting on this forum.(>check out the other topic)

thanx .
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-