News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Best Post Hiatus Show

Started by disco, October 26, 2007, 12:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on March 17, 2008, 10:40:04 PM

For every Llama there has to be a Secret Smile.  If Phish was full-tilt all the time they'd be moe. or UM.

Umm... When Llama was prime, there was no secret smile. There was Catapult.
Catapult kicks ass.

Edit to add: You sorta missed my point though, matt. I was pointing out that despite dude's bitching about Friday... he'd still love to see it. Personally, I don't mind the song.

sunrisevt

Oh jeez, of course I'd go--I might buy the "Six Versions of 'Two Versions of Me' Maxi-Single". And Friday is a good song--their slow songs, and their lyrics, got better over time IMO.

But a maxi of Lengthwise & Catapult would be ever so much cooler.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mattstick

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 18, 2008, 07:49:20 AM

Edit to add: You sorta missed my point though, matt. I was pointing out that despite dude's bitching about Friday... he'd still love to see it. Personally, I don't mind the song.

I got the point, it wasn't really a counter-argument, just an observation.

Perhaps I should've said that for every Llama there has to be a FEFY (which people hated at the time, iirc).

mattstick

Which brings me to another point, that people who hate the new songs are almost always the same people who love them 5 years down the road when there is a whole new batch of new songs to hate.

rowjimmy

* rowjimmy loves FEFY. Always has.

G. Augusto

mattstick

willsteele

Snap.  That is some mighty impressive sleuthing indeed.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

rowjimmy

Quote from: G. Augusto on March 18, 2008, 10:34:39 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on March 18, 2008, 09:13:16 AM
* rowjimmy loves FEFY. Always has.

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 05, 2005, 01:16:56 PM
I hate FEFY. Always have.

:-o

I call bullshit.
Click the link to that quote and you get this:
Quote from: jedifunk on May 05, 2005, 01:16:56 PM
12/9/95 YEM

WTF!!!!
THIS IS IT FOLKS, RIGHT HERE...
WHAT PHISH IS ALL ABOUT

i just enjoyed myself emmensely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
enjoy.... this is THE ONE  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

mattstick

I noticed that too, sorry GA - busted.

willsteele

I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

G. Augusto

gone2gamehenge

Quote from: mattstick on March 18, 2008, 09:12:17 AM

Which brings me to another point, that people who hate the new songs are almost always the same people who love them 5 years down the road when there is a whole new batch of new songs to hate.

Wow that is so true, I never really thought about it that way.  I personally almost always give a song time to develop before I start making judgements.  I am not that big a fan of sparkle, but man i'd love to catch one right now, anything actually.  I MISS PHISH

blatboom

it's 2008 and I still hate Crowd Control and the Connection...

and I love Waste and Wading--just about all the ballads really--but I'm usually disappointed getting those in the single encore spot.  (not enough to ruin a show or anything but that Friday encore still bugs me)

redrum

Quote from: blatboom on March 19, 2008, 06:04:10 PM
it's 2008 and I still hate Crowd Control and the Connection...

^^^QFT.^^^

:lol:

i feel you dog.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.