News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Ghosts of the Forest Spring 2019 Tour

Started by pcr3, December 11, 2018, 02:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcr3

https://www.jambase.com/article/trey-anastasio-ghosts-of-the-forest-tour

"Trey Anastasio announced the formation of a new band Ghosts Of The Forest. The Phish guitarist will be joined by Phish drummer Jon Fishman, Trey Anastasio Band bassist Tony Markellis, keyboardist Ray Paczkowski and vocalist Jennifer Hartswick, along with vocalist Celisse. The band will make its live debut with a short run of shows in April."

April 4 – Portland, ME – State Theatre
April 5 – Philadelphia, PA – The Met Opera
April 6 - Washington, DC - The Anthem
April 9 – Albany, NY – Palace Theatre
April 10 – Boston, MA – Orpheum
April 12 – New York, NY – United Palace Theatre
April 13 – New York, NY – United Palace Theatre

Pre-sales begin Wednesday, December 12th at 12 noon ET and continues through Thursday, December 13th at 5 PM ET: http://treytickets.shop.ticketstoday.com. All remaining tickets will go on sale to the general public on Friday, December 14th and Saturday, December 15th – please check venue for on-sale times.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

rowjimmy

PIE-GUY

audio sample is interesting! Two vocalists for sure - but Celisse also plays guitar and it sounds like two guitars below!!! Could be really fucking cool!

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

I'm psyched to hear what this band does! That snippet is pretty interesting.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ytowndan

Hell yeah.  I dug what I heard in that clip. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

Three vocalists, right?
Trey, Celisse, and Hartswick.

gah

I'm gonna try for that DC show!  :crazy:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

WhatstheUse?

Woah. This is interesting. Fish is a GIGANTIC x-factor in the mix here.

It's not just TAB w/ Fishman as a replacement drummer. It becomes an entirely different band w/ his precense, IMO. Obviously, they thought the same....

Definitely excited to hear this.... I've always liked Ray's playing and it should be interesting how Fishman approaches the material with such a polar opposite bass player than Gordo.
Bring in the dude!

susep

Will mehead fly in for the Portland show?

edit- pretty pumped for this new band!

ph92

Man in trying to save money to move. I'll have to assess what show I might hit. This sounds interesting, I'm excited for some new sounds.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

mehead

Quote from: susep on December 11, 2018, 08:13:18 PM
Will mehead fly in for the Portland show?

edit- pretty pumped for this new band!

I'll wait for the Southern leg next fall.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

birdman

5 shows within 4 hours drive? I'll make one of them for sure
Paug FTMFW!

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."