News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/01 - Aaron's Amphitheatre at Lakewood - Atlanta, GA - Post-Show Discussion

Started by runawayjimbo, August 02, 2015, 12:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

Love the interplay between Trey / Page on this tweezer around 12:45
Trey turns on that flange that sounds like a mix of 90s Jerry and Bobby twang which is okay that
Kinda loses me halfway through this jam it just kinda meanders around with some trey frills but its just laying the groundwork for this jam to take off
19:30-20:00 they really lock into that jam and start to take it places
spacey outro ~ > WAN  :clap: love it

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

sophist

We didn't mess around too much post show Friday, pretty much went to my house, got pizza, and had a night cap.  I got a decent amount of sleep.  I made it a point for this run to not see the sunrise.  A few of my friends and I had signed up for a party bus, so we rolled over to the pick up point fairly early, and got to the parking lot around 5:30.  I walked in just after 6 (which was my same plan as the previous night).  For Friday, I was between Gordo and fish side, but the very front of the pavilion.  For Saturday I was on Gordon's side about 5-6 rows back from the pit.  I took my seat, and chilled out.  Talked with my neighbors pre-show, bought a couple bottles of water too. 

Jim opener was standard to me.  I thought it was alright.  Same with the Undermind, it didn't really have the kick I thought it would (and a lot of Undermind's do have), still a solid version though.  Nellie Kane was standard.  Blaze on followed, it was standard as well.  Halfway to the moon was standard as well.  A longer Ocelot followed.  It got the crowd swaying a decent amount.  Heavy Things did the same thing as well.  I thought the Theme and Antelope were a good tangent to close out set one.  Overall, this was a very mellow set to me.  That wasn't a bad thing, it just seemed in contrast to last night, tame.  But I was also telling myself it's moot to get stuck on that point. 

I was halfway expecting a different beast for this show.  There hadn't really been two monster jams back to back this tour, so I really didn't have a big expectation when Tweezer started.  I had it at ten minutes.  I was really surprised when this hit yet another dark place and built nicely over several minutes.  I again found myself being taken to this same land of musical orgasm-y territory.  I heard a lot of patience in the jamming.  I really liked this version, and as it slipped into Waiting All Night, I did want more, a part of me wanted them to keep going, but Waiting All Night was a nice breather.  I though Number Line was pretty good too.  It got a pretty good crowd reaction, and the drop into Carini was awesome.  That was an electric version to me, and again I saw this contrast of dark and light in the music.  This was something that really stuck out to me, I feel like they finally have the ability again to go all these different places, and make it a journey. 

I enjoyed the rest of the set.  I thought everything else was pretty well played.  I know there were people in Tuscaloosa, on the internet saying this night was better.  But for me, I liked Friday a lot better.  I thought Saturday was really solid, and I left Lakewood again, overall very happy and content with the music.  As I left, I was in awe I saw two good shows.  For me, again, this is a new thing in terms of 3.0.  I couldn't have been happier to making the trek to Tuscaloosa after watching them play one heater, and one solid show. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

emay

I dig this tweezer.
Idk if I like it more than the Tahoe one or not, def has less woos so thats good.
The themes they get into in the jam are really nice but  ephemeral but I find most of the jam is just loops/space. Which is also nice but doesnt really do it for me asa much as other tweezers.

the - > waiting all night is a nice smooth transition.