News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Kids/strollers at deer creek

Started by disco, June 05, 2009, 09:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disco

when I called out to DC they said they have a stroller area for some shows, but not all. They didnt' know if they'd have one for phish or not. Has anyone brought a youngin' with a stroller for a show at DC? Just curious if they didn't have a section if you sit in the back of the lawn or anywhere on the lawn? We have over ear sound mufflers, got em off a gun place, for kids to wear around guns. He does well wearing them around the house and we heard that the ear plugs can be a bit tough as most kids don't like 'em. Any responses or other general kids at shows suggestions would be greatly appreciated....only 2 weeks now!!!!!!!!!
thanks
:mrgreen:
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

keeb333

Don't forget the sunscreen, and to reapply!  You might not need it, but your kids do!

Don't know about strollers at the creek, although I know I saw people there with young kids in 04.  Back of the lawn is a good place to chill with kids...less crowded usually.

Gumbo72203

seriously...  don't even dare go in without sunscreen for your kids, dude. 

I remember, vaguely, when we went on vacation to Hilton Head like...  15 years ago or some shit.  My brother had to maybe only be like...  mmmm, maybe 7.  We were out on the beach, don't remember how long, but it was long enough for him to get burnt so badly that he actually, for real, sat in the tub in the suite thing we were staying in for about 15 straight hours, at least.  He slept in it, I do know that. 

Thats one thing that really really really really pisses me off...  when I see parents on vacation, who have their babies on their backs, when its you know, 95 degrees out, with no clouds, and their baby is just on their back, with no hat...  no sunglasses, and not putting any sunscreen on them.

When we were in Athens last year, on top of the Acropolis, where it was a god-fucking-awful 103 degrees with ZERO clouds in the sky and ZERO wind, there was this dude with a baby on his back (when you get your once-in-a-lifetime chance to go to the Acropolis, you GO, even if its 119 degrees out with 100% humidity).  Anyway, the baby couldn't have been more than 1 or 2...  it hardly had any hair.  Yet, here we are, in this INSANE weather, and this kid has NO hat on, NO sunglasses, and I didn't see the dad apply ANY sunscreen to the baby EVER.  I was almost ready to go over to him and be like, "you know...  what you're doing could be considered child abuse..." 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

VA $l!m

Quote from: disco on June 05, 2009, 09:06:43 PM
when I called out to DC they said they have a stroller area for some shows, but not all. They didnt' know if they'd have one for phish or not. Has anyone brought a youngin' with a stroller for a show at DC? Just curious if they didn't have a section if you sit in the back of the lawn or anywhere on the lawn? We have over ear sound mufflers, got em off a gun place, for kids to wear around guns. He does well wearing them around the house and we heard that the ear plugs can be a bit tough as most kids don't like 'em. Any responses or other general kids at shows suggestions would be greatly appreciated....only 2 weeks now!!!!!!!!!
thanks
:mrgreen:

best of luck with all your plans!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-