News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

today, i hate:

Started by VA $l!m, May 16, 2005, 06:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

My car going out on my on my drive home today!
All of a sudden it started sputtering and the 'Check Engin Light' and the 'Reduced Engine Power' lights came on and it started shaking like a son-uva-bitch. The wife and I have an app on our phones so we know where each other are and I opened it to see that she was two blocks behind me on her way home from work too, so at least I had her right there to help me. We were 8 blocks from our mechanic so we decided to drive it, at the 20mph it would go, and have her follow me with our hazards on. When we got to the mechanic... They're closed for the week because of the 4th of july.  :frustrated:

I have no idea what's wrong with it and no idea how much it's going to cost to fix. Also, I dont have my car for about a week!  :cry:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

khalpin

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 01, 2019, 07:34:52 PM
My car going out on my on my drive home today!
All of a sudden it started sputtering and the 'Check Engin Light' and the 'Reduced Engine Power' lights came on and it started shaking like a son-uva-bitch. The wife and I have an app on our phones so we know where each other are and I opened it to see that she was two blocks behind me on her way home from work too, so at least I had her right there to help me. We were 8 blocks from our mechanic so we decided to drive it, at the 20mph it would go, and have her follow me with our hazards on. When we got to the mechanic... They're closed for the week because of the 4th of july.  :frustrated:

I have no idea what's wrong with it and no idea how much it's going to cost to fix. Also, I dont have my car for about a week!  :cry:
That totally sucks.  I feel your pain.  At least you didn't get stranded on the side of the road.  Time to park yourself in the man cave and  :mrgreen: :music: for a while.

mbw

Sounds like your alternator is shot.
Also, I don't know my head from my ass.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mbw on July 01, 2019, 08:53:41 PM

Well shit always comes out of one..... and only sometimes out of the other.
Bring in the dude!

Gundo

I don't know your exact situation, but you might be able to save some money buying the part at AutoZone and looking up how to replace it using YouTube. I've saved hundreds of dollars doing that and by switching to Geico.

mistercharlie

People have said Alternator, Timing Belt, Fuel Injector, and Piston Coil so far...

We found a different mechanic that we're taking it to tonight after work to find out what is actually wrong with it.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 02, 2019, 05:45:52 AM

People have said Alternator, Timing Belt, Fuel Injector, and Piston Coil so far...

We found a different mechanic that we're taking it to tonight after work to find out what is actually wrong with it.

I'd guess fuel injector and really hope it's not a piston coil.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

More car trouble...

A blown-out tire has led to a $600 repair of the control arm. And three hours of sitting around at the tire place.  :samurai:

And to close the loop on the last car problem... It was a bad Throttle Body. That was a $475 repair.

rowjimmy

Well, my truck tried to strand us yesterday at the grocery store.
Probably the battery going to shit.

Got a jump and made it home and she started today but... I'm supposed to drive to Vida Blue on Wednesday and I do not have time to deal with it unless I take a day off.

Not psyched.

Bobafett

Sending out good car vibes all around.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

sls.stormyrider

People stealing masks from doctor's offices

(btw I like that no one has hated anything here for a long time)
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

emay

New upstairs neighbors are a couple that fight and are always loud.
can hear them stomping around and throwing things when fighting, dude talks super loud and can pretty much hear their convos downstairs. Its getting annoying and only been a week.
The dude sounds like a douche, currently not stoked or sleeping that much

mistercharlie

Quote from: emay on March 04, 2020, 04:46:22 PM
can hear them stomping around and throwing things when fighting, dude talks super loud and can pretty much hear their convos downstairs. Its getting annoying and only been a week.

That sucks. We had neighbors like that who lived below us in our apartment years ago. We just started calling in noise complaints on them when they wouldn't stop. It got them to quiet down for a week or so until we had to complain again. They finally ended up getting evicted when the dude smashed the glass door that lead into the foyer that our apartments, and 6 others, shared.

How much longer is left on your lease? Might be time to move...

emay

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 04, 2020, 05:25:12 PM

That sucks. We had neighbors like that who lived below us in our apartment years ago. We just started calling in noise complaints on them when they wouldn't stop. It got them to quiet down for a week or so until we had to complain again. They finally ended up getting evicted when the dude smashed the glass door that lead into the foyer that our apartments, and 6 others, shared.

I just signed another year lease 2 weeks ago  :shakehead:  lol. They just moved in Sunday night. This is going to be my 4th year at my current spot.
Yeah my friends have been saying to call the cops when it gets too loud especially since it was between like 12-3AM. I dont want to confront this dude, in this day and age you never know what kind of person they are and if they have weapons in the house. I dont want that aggression redirected at me.
I can only hope he was just super stressed that night but still, its only been 3 days. They also only seem to sleep 4-6AM since I hear them stomping around and laughing out loud all night, maybe they're tweakers  :|

ph92

Quote from: emay on March 04, 2020, 05:46:50 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 04, 2020, 05:25:12 PM

I just signed another year lease 2 weeks ago  :shakehead:  lol. They just moved in Sunday night. This is going to be my 4th year at my current spot.
Yeah my friends have been saying to call the cops when it gets too loud especially since it was between like 12-3AM. I dont want to confront this dude, in this day and age you never know what kind of person they are and if they have weapons in the house. I dont want that aggression redirected at me.
I can only hope he was just super stressed that night but still, its only been 3 days. They also only seem to sleep 4-6AM since I hear them stomping around and laughing out loud all night, maybe they're tweakers  :|
Is this that fat boi you told me about when I was over? Dude stomps for sure

:evil: :evil:

But you can call the cops and not have your neighbors know it was you specifically, just mention you want to remain anonymous if you call them.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH