News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Upcoming shows you'll be attending

Started by newplanet7, January 28, 2007, 04:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alcoholandcoffeebeans

derek trucks.
tonight.
across the street from my place.

i'm excited :)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

willsteele

shit I forgot that they were in town.  Last night too right?   Park West is pretty dope.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: willsteele on April 09, 2009, 04:07:01 PM
shit I forgot that they were in town.  Last night too right?   Park West is pretty dope.

yes and YES.  :)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

hoodie22

Quote from: tehdead on April 08, 2009, 07:47:17 PM
Quote from: tehdead on April 07, 2009, 03:07:19 PM
Lotus tonight  :-P

Awesome show, saw a old fiend and her husband from South Africa (and i had a bottle in me  :wink:) So I made sure it was a fun night, got them up front and was jammin all night. Some really funky tunes

I'm checkin' out lotus tomorrow night in NYC. I'm ready to dance  :banana:

antelope19

Quote from: antelope19 on April 07, 2009, 02:36:20 PM
Keller Williams at the Birchmere on Friday Night. 

I don't know which I'm more excited about:  Seeing a solo Keller show for the first time in a few years or FINALLY getting a chance to visit the legendary Birchmere.  I've lived here for over 20 years and have just never made the trek.  I have no good excuse, it's just never been in the cards. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on April 09, 2009, 02:39:44 PM
derek trucks.
tonight.
across the street from my place.

i'm excited :)

i have a complete different kind of respect for this kid after last night.
what a show!

i'd never really listened to much of his solo stuff before... now i'm gonna...

they have our setlist dated wrong on the DTdatabase... but here it is, incase you were wondering...

Songs Played:
Down In The Flood
Down Don't Bother Me
Days Is Almost Gone
Rastaman Chant
Get What You Deserve
I'll Find My Way
Meet Me At The Bottom
Already Free
Leavin' Trunk
Afro Blue
Get Out Of My Life >
Who Knows >
Get Out Of My Life
Up Above My Head

Encore:
Done Got Over
We're A Winner
Sweet Inspiration

sls.stormyrider

looks like a great show.

edit to add - I think he plays with a bit more fire with his own band than the ABB - not because he is slacking off (or that he isn't great) with the brothers, more to do with the fact that his "role" is different. If you listen to the stuff he did with Mccoy Tyner on the Guitars album, or the show last week (available on the dime), he is a bit more subdued. hopefully, I'm making sense.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

willsteele

Jealousy overcomes me.  I hate missing DTB. 

Most of the time I think just the opposite though..   more fire with the ABB.  But then I think of certain shows that I have been to and that thought goes out the window.  Maybe he is on full fire all the time.  All the time.  The dude is sick.

I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

WhatstheUse?

Toubab Krewe a block from my house tonight :banana:

Today is the first time i've listened to these guys, but they sound pretty SICK!

http://www.toubabkrewe.com/
Bring in the dude!

JimmyWilson

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 10, 2009, 05:58:10 PM

Today is the first time i've listened to these guys, but they sound pretty SICK!

i really enjoyed their show when i saw them in NY a while back.

looking forward to the 2 night run that YMSB is doing at the Wilma Theater, 4/22-23

kellerb

Quote from: willsteele on April 10, 2009, 04:40:38 PM
Jealousy overcomes me.  I hate missing DTB. 

Most of the time I think just the opposite though..   more fire with the ABB.  But then I think of certain shows that I have been to and that thought goes out the window.  Maybe he is on full fire all the time.  All the time.  The dude is sick.

He's definitely on fire all the time.  I think he sounds more fire-y with the allmans because that's what the music dictates.  DTB's music doesn't have as many places where "Firey guitar solo" is what the song wants.  Conversely, allman brothers music doesn't have as many places where "Flute Solo!" or "Count M'butu slaps a hollow wooden box!" is what the song wants.

willsteele

HA  flute solo

Damn straight though.  I can't really feel a flute solo in the ABB...  though it has happened.   But there are plenty of DTB moments where it gets very fiery.  I dig em both.  I'll be trying to get an ABB ticket tomorrow when they go on sale.

sls.stormyrider

maybe "on fire" was the wrong choice of words. Every time I've heard him, he certainly is at a very high level. I just heard something last week that I didn't get out of ABB shows. Wasn't just cause I was up close, just off the rail, cause I heard it in the recording also. There was, imo, an extra level of energy, dominanance, or something.

If you're interested, here is the source I have
http://www.archive.org/details/dtb2009-04-02.gefell.m270.flac16
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

fauxpaxfauxreal

Having had the pleasure of seeing the two DTB shows this thanksgiving in Spirit Square in Charlotte (a converted church in uptown Charlotte), I will concur that he is the heat.

However, his setlists do not vary very much at all, which kind of sucks if you want to enjoy more than one show.

His versions of "My Favorite Things" and "Greensleeves" were the HEEEEAT!

bonebo

Quote from: JimmyWilson on April 10, 2009, 06:20:19 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 10, 2009, 05:58:10 PM

i really enjoyed their show when i saw them in NY a while back.

looking forward to the 2 night run that YMSB is doing at the Wilma Theater, 4/22-23

See ya there, me and a buddy are doing those two followed by Spokane and finishing with Boise.
...sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own...