News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 07, 2019, 07:32:20 AM
Saw Nickel Creek last night at Music Hall of Williamsburg. They were wonderful. This was their first show in five years as well as the first of 2 nights at MHoW leading up to a Wednesday night double-bill with Thile's other band, The Punch Brothers, at Carnegie Hall.

They sounded wonderful together and the audience was terrific too. Quiet in the quiet parts and singing enthusiastically at other times. This heavily partisan crowd hung on every note. Thile's unbridled enthusiasm is almost comical at times but, because it is also infectious, you can't disparage it. The guy won't stop smiling and neither did anyone in the room.

been wondering if they'd ever make it around again... nice!
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

GBL

Saw Tool this past Friday and thought it was amazing.  I haven't seen them live in maybe 15 years, so thought it was cool I was able to see them about 5 minutes walk from my house.

Not a huge fan of the two new songs they've been playing, and actually piss breaked both of the new tunes.
If this is love, I'm never going home..

shoreline99

MGMT.

Musically, great, but things got really slow in the middle for 3-4 songs. Kids devolved into a full on Bisco EDM jam for several minutes, then closed it out.

Setlist:
When You Die
Of Moons, Birds & Monsters
Little Dark Age
Time to Pretend
Me and Michael
Flash Delirium
James
Weekend Wars
Siberian Breaks
Electric Feel
One Thing Left to Try
Kids

Encore:
When You're Small
The Youth
TSLAMP
Brian Eno
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

emay

nice, sounds like a good time! Wasnt that big on their most recent album but have always loved MGMT

shoreline99

Quote from: emay on May 21, 2019, 10:06:25 AM
nice, sounds like a good time! Wasnt that big on their most recent album but have always loved MGMT

It was! Weird crowd, though. And they sold out two nights in NYC, I think, but the Cap show didn't sell out...

rowjimmy

Went to DelFest this past weekend.
I haven't properly processed the experience yet but it's probably my favorite place.
It doesn't hurt that, as media onsite to interview artists, we're hooked with all access. But I think that even the GA experience is pretty wonderful. Gonna write more about it and try to articulate some of this in the next couple of BrokedownPod episodes...

Quick list of who I saw (in no particular order):
Billy Strings
I'm With Her
Del McCoury Band
Travelin' McCourys
Sierra Hull
SCI
Larry Keel Experience
Front Country
Keller Williams & The Hillbenders: Pettygrass
Tyler Childers
Railroad Earth
Po Ramblin Boys
Joe Craven
Serene Green
Gibson Brothers
Marty O'Reily & Old Soul Orchestra
Travelin' McCourys with Ricky Skaggs

mopper_smurf

Lachy Doley Group. Their last album was kinda meh and I said so in a review.  They invited me to their show in Amsterdam, trying to convince me that they could  cut it live. Nope. I walked out after half an hour.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mopper_smurf on May 30, 2019, 04:10:51 PM
Their last album was kinds meth and I said so in a review.

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on May 30, 2019, 11:26:01 PM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on May 30, 2019, 04:10:51 PM
Their last album was kinds meth and I said so in a review.

Watching Breaking Bad again. Shit happens.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

ph92

In the past month or so

The Jauntee :wtu:
moe.
Mike Gordon Band
White Denim
Lotus

Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

shoreline99

Charly Bliss this past weekend. Such a great, fun band. Tiny venue, great sound, and all the band's families were in attendance.

Emily Reo opened.

Charly Bliss
Space Ballroom, Hamden, CT

Blown to Bits
Percolator
Capacity
Heaven
Ruby
Under You
Camera
Fighting in the Dark
Young Enough
Bleach
Black Hole
DQ
Glitter
Hurt Me
Hard to Believe
Chatroom

Encore:
Steal My Sunshine (LEN cover)
Love Me

ph92

The jauntee last night in Boulder. They absolutely SLAYED, set 2 was real hot. Pretty far out version of Dirty Job.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

gah

dead and co last night, the phish last friday night, billy strings, and new mastersounds in the few weeks before that.

This weekend got dirty dozen, jj grey, and dumpstaphunk at norfolks bayou boogaloo. been a fun summer.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Caravan2001

Saw the Jauntee last night in PDX and it was an awesome show.  Got to say hi to  :wtu: and hung with Heath and lady, Hicks and got to meet Fast Fingers for the first time.  The Paug was holding it down.  Decent turnout for a rainy Thursday and band sounded great. 

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Caravan2001 on June 28, 2019, 05:02:19 PM
Saw the Jauntee last night in PDX and it was an awesome show.  Got to say hi to  :wtu: and hung with Heath and lady, Hicks and got to meet Fast Fingers for the first time.  The Paug was holding it down.  Decent turnout for a rainy Thursday and band sounded great.

Represent!!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul