News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rd. 1: Fight Club vs. Easy Rider

Started by cactusfan, May 08, 2012, 03:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

mistercharlie

Easy Rider is an awesome movie, but as a kid watching it I always got really depressed when Jack Nicholson died.

I had to go with Fight Club, had I not read the book before watching it it would have kept me wondering what was going on in it.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Fight Club is one of those rare films that I feel succeeds in conveying the book. One of the best adaptations of all time, imo.

VDB

Never actually seen Easy Rider... guess I don't need to now that MC ruined the ending!
Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on May 08, 2012, 09:19:13 AM
Never actually seen Easy Rider... guess I don't need to now that MC ruined the ending!

Sorry. But that's not really the ending, it's somewhere around the middle, if I remember right.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

danje

One of my favorite scenes of all time:

Multibeast12

Loved easy rider, but then watched it in my film class again, and realized. It kinda bored me a lot. So fight club all the way.

cactusfan

the first half of Fight Club is fun, but the rest of it falls apart for me.

Easy Rider was part of a huge shift in movies and what they could be and who they could be about and who could make them and who would go to see them. it's a weird and unique thing.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mbw

fight club sucks balls.
still time to change your vote, folks!

Lifeboy

I've always loved the scene at beginning where Hopper and Fonda were putting their money in those tubes and putting it in their tanks. That scene, combined with the music is so badass. I used to watch it when I was kid and I wanted so bad to grow up and have a bike and be an outlaw/badass.

When I watch it now though, I get kinda bored with it at times. It has a badass soundtrack and a cool story/characters, but it just doesn't grab me like it used to back in the day.

It comes back to the whole "which one is more important vs. which one do you prefer" argument. As far as importance/significance, Easy Rider easily takes the cake. But I'm voting simply for the films I enjoyed more, which is why I voted for Fight Club.

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on May 11, 2012, 09:43:47 PM
fight club sucks balls.

LOL

yeah, Empire is a pretty shitty movie too  :roll:
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

mbw

Lifeboy

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke: