News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

PHISH IS FUCKING BACK!!!!!!

Started by WhatstheUse?, March 08, 2009, 12:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Minor

Quote from: Rich on March 12, 2009, 01:27:36 AM
Those older versions of Ghost are definitely better.  Hopefully Trey will tone it down for you.  Maybe you should write him a letter.  :wink:

You could start a petition.   :evil: :-P

redrum

Maybe you should write him a letter.  :wink:

but then where would Trey post TLDR?
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: jedifunk on March 11, 2009, 09:56:11 PM
Quote from: VA slim on March 11, 2009, 09:48:46 PM
IMO, the fact that page was obviously killin it, had a lot to do with trey's interaction with him.
i hadnt heard page so into it in the last decade. i believe that with trey out of his "bubble" the interplay was more 'there' with the entire band and especially page, than it had been since maybe 97/ early 98.
i also thought trey layed back in the pocket more than he had in ages if not ever, which i liked, as well as his refraining from loops and effects which was awesome.
contrary to what some people are saying, i think that they were in fact laying down a foundation for an entirely new "sound". i heard many new approaches and takes on certain sections and jams,  and personally i'm very hopeful and excited about what they were doing musically.
:clap:
:clap:  :phish: I agree with this sentiment from listening to the auds, I find they stripped down alot of the playing and focused on getting the chord progressions correct.  That different arrangement of Undermind was pretty cool as well.  I feel these shows are definitely a step in the right direction.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Alumni

Those older versions of Ghost are definitely better.  Hopefully Trey will tone it down for you.  Maybe you should write him a letter.  :wink:

Hey, it worked for "People for a Louder Mike" back in the (pre-Modulus) day...
Cause I got a degree

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA slim on March 11, 2009, 09:48:46 PM
IMO, the fact that page was obviously killin it, had a lot to do with trey's interaction with him.
i hadnt heard page so into it in the last decade. i believe that with trey out of his "bubble" the interplay was more 'there' with the entire band and especially page, than it had been since maybe 97/ early 98.
i also thought trey layed back in the pocket more than he had in ages if not ever, which i liked, as well as his refraining from loops and effects which was awesome.
contrary to what some people are saying, i think that they were in fact laying down a foundation for an entirely new "sound". i heard many new approaches and takes on certain sections and jams,  and personally i'm very hopeful and excited about what they were doing musically.
:clap:
That's my boy, right there.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on March 12, 2009, 01:05:01 AM
honestly though...   I am so sick and tired of Ghost being played with distortion during the song proper.  Ugh.  How fucking PH. 

I don't get why Trey just can't turn that shit off.  There are some songs that just SHOULDN'T have overdrive...   like Ghost, Mike's, YEM, Hood, Piper (intro), Fluffhead.  I really want to know what the hell Trey's reasoning behind all that is...    like, I can deal with no loops in Ghost (even though thats lame) but when you play it with the tone needed for Chalkdust...  no.

sorry, this is harsh... but I just listened to 12/31/98, and Ghost and Mike's are infinitely better when played with a clean tone. 

You absolutely should write him a letter, Gumbo. Not a petition or even a group appeal or whatever. Just a personal letter that politely explains your request and the reasoning behind it.

Don't ask, Don't get.

Ri©h

Quote from: AlumniGreens on March 12, 2009, 11:11:06 AM

Hey, it worked for "People for a Louder Mike" back in the (pre-Modulus) day...

Damn good point.   :beers:

Gumbo72203

i'm still lost as to what TLDR means....
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

rowjimmy

Mr Minor

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on March 12, 2009, 03:07:44 PM

T= Too
L= Long
D= Didn't
R= Read

edit: rj beat me to it.

sophist

just know it's your middle name around these parts, and what the hell dude?  We didn't get to meet up this weekend.  That's weak sauce. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rowjimmy

Quote from: Sophist on March 12, 2009, 03:13:27 PM
just know it's your middle name around these parts, and what the hell dude?  We didn't get to meet up this weekend.  That's weak sauce. 

Only because you didn't come rock the 'paug section, "mr. I'm with my girlfriend"

Ri©h

sophist

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 12, 2009, 03:18:38 PM

Only because you didn't come rock the 'paug section, "mr. I'm with my girlfriend"
I should have been with y'all. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rowjimmy

Quote from: Sophist on March 12, 2009, 03:26:40 PM

You guys woulda had a great time. We rawk'd.

sophist

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 12, 2009, 03:27:09 PM
Quote from: Sophist on March 12, 2009, 03:26:40 PM

You guys woulda had a great time. We rawk'd.
No doubt.  Next time, I will be in the paug section, rocking it out with y'all.