News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

PHISH IS FUCKING BACK!!!!!!

Started by WhatstheUse?, March 08, 2009, 12:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on March 13, 2009, 12:49:55 AM
the ending to DWD could have gotten better...  Fish began kicking into an up-tempo ride cymbol beat, and you NEVER impede a Fish ride groove.

yah, the last 3 min were pretty lame indeed, they should have stopped before that last part
Bring in the dude!

Gumbo72203

well no, i'm saying they should have kept going, because it was started.  I thought it was going to get cool.

but i agree... it would have been more natural for them to have stopped like 3 or 4 minutes before.  i immediately knew what you guys were talking about when I listened to it for the first time lol
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Ri©h

Almost 5 years guys. Just remember that. For not having played those songs that long I'll take it...  warts and all. And my optimistic mind tells me they're only going to get better at it. Think about how many songs they played in those 3 days. They're hungry to get back and rock out. Just like we're hungry to hear them nail that shit down.

Let's have a little faith.  8-)

WhatstheUse?

Well I guess it would be nice.....
Bring in the dude!

Marmar

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 13, 2009, 12:54:24 AM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on March 13, 2009, 12:49:55 AM
the ending to DWD could have gotten better...  Fish began kicking into an up-tempo ride cymbol beat, and you NEVER impede a Fish ride groove.

yah, the last 3 min were pretty lame indeed, they should have stopped before that last part

quit smokin crack guys....the final 3 minutes of DWD are the heat....go back and RE LISTEN.....key word, LISTEN.....then go back to summer 2004 and listen to the hot ailen type jams from SPAC.....notice any resemblence?
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Caravan2001

I thought the spacey end part of DWD ruled.....It made me feel like a robot....

Phunkaddict

Quote from: caravan2001 on March 14, 2009, 11:47:55 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :-D
And The Light Is Growing Brighter Now

danje

Each time I listen to this DWD, it gets better and better.

Ri©h

Quote from: caravan2001 on March 14, 2009, 11:47:55 AM

:-D  That's good shit.

blatboom

not sure where to post this but does anyone know of any information on the light rigs CK used @ Hampton?  I've never seen anything like the display he put on.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: blatboom on March 14, 2009, 06:22:15 PM
not sure where to post this but does anyone know of any information on the light rigs CK used @ Hampton?  I've never seen anything like the display he put on.

no info, but I can definitely agree that I have NEVER seen anything like the display he put on!
Bring in the dude!

Poster Nutbag

Heard the same thing from my friends that went... Wish I could've been there cause summer will be all outside...
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

blatboom

Quote from: Poster Nutbag on March 14, 2009, 10:35:12 PM
Heard the same thing from my friends that went... Wish I could've been there cause summer will be all outside...

not Knoxville, Asheville or St. Louis  :wink:

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.