News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

PHISH IS FUCKING BACK!!!!!!

Started by WhatstheUse?, March 08, 2009, 12:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Mr Minor

... to Colorado for a 3 night run.

G. Augusto

WhatstheUse?

I think Phish played very well this entire second leg.  I saw a ton of jams that I enjoyed the hell out of. BEST BAND EVA!  :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

G. Augusto

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 05, 2011, 03:35:07 PM
I think Phish played very well this entire second leg.  I saw a ton of jams that I enjoyed the hell out of. BEST BAND EVA!  :wtu:

Scotty - Playin' it safe since 'o9.

sMILEy

I heard from a friend that the 3 nights in CO were probably the best hes seen/heard this summer.
Any thoughts?? I haven't listened to them yet..

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: sMILEy on September 07, 2011, 01:22:52 PM
I heard from a friend that the 3 nights in CO were probably the best hes seen/heard this summer.

i thought they were a solid 3 shows with highlights from each night.  Tweezer was groovy greatness!

I preferred Chicago as a 3 night run -- partly because the energy there made Dick's Sporting Goods seem like a quiet library.  Hard to get that bottled up energy in a 20K+ soccer stadium.

Still, no jam has topped the Gorge R&R though...
Bring in the dude!

JPhishman

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 07, 2011, 02:01:24 PM

i thought they were a solid 3 shows with highlights from each night.  Tweezer was groovy greatness!

I preferred Chicago as a 3 night run -- partly because the energy there made Dick's Sporting Goods seem like a quiet library.  Hard to get that bottled up energy in a 20K+ soccer stadium.

Still, no jam has topped the Gorge R&R though...

Listened to that last night to confirm and it is still pretty easily the sickest jam of the summer IMO.

Obviously agreed that the energy at UIC was way higher, but I would take any of the three nights at Dicks over the third night of UIC so I gotta say I think Dicks was the run of the year.

YEAH PHISH!!!

:phish:
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

rowjimmy

There is a place where you can find all kinds of thoughts:

http://week4paug.net/index.php?board=44.0

/just sayin'

danje

I've caught shows on every 3.0 tour, and these past 3 Dick's shows were a pretty significant step above anything this noob has seen.

guyforget

if UIC and Dicks could become the baseline, i'd sign this thread. 

im giving the edge from this summer to dicks though, based on liking any of the 3 nights from CO more than the 3rd night of UIC. 
-AD_

emay

As for UIC I really dig the element set reba > alumni from night one, DWD yem haha let it loose slave > rocky top from second night, third night second set was a rager :rawk:

As for CO I def feel like the energy was 1/5 of what it was at UIC. The first night is complete  :crazy: I still cant believe they did an S show. The simple jam the sally and suzy>scents were top notch! Then the Sabatoge encore, it was just what that crowd needed to get to the energy level it should have been at all night. The second night CO was alright, felt like they started off alright, then the funky bitch > wolfmans part of the first set is  :rawk: Llama >ffefy is why I see  :phish: two of my top songs, never thought I would see them segued like that. Third night, was fun maze, gin, ghost, guyfoget, piper. All stellar versions.

Its hard to decide which run is better for me. I had so much fun at UIC and CO was an awesome personal experience for me. Musically, I think CO is a little better, UIC would be a 90% CO would be 94%, but from experience and being there UIC takes the cake!  :beerbang: :rawk:

guyforget

well, indoors vs. outdoors is definitely a factor that we all understand.  its why fall tour was always the favorite. 
-AD_

gah

Quote from: guyforget on September 08, 2011, 01:26:24 PM
well, indoors vs. outdoors is definitely a factor that we all understand.  its why fall tour was always the favorite.

breaking out the cords and hoodies, crisp cool air in the lots, rambunctious indoor shows = win.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

emay

Quote from: guyforget on September 08, 2011, 01:26:24 PM

This is true. I enjoyed the fuck outta CO though, and musically it is better, IMO.