News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016 Presidential General Election

Started by VDB, September 26, 2016, 05:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcr3

Quote from: ytowndan on November 06, 2016, 06:21:06 PM
Not gonna lie.  I'm starting to get really nervous.   :|

Same. Like really, really nervous. But at least we're likely to legalize  :smoke: her in MA.

So, I have that going for me...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

mistercharlie

Quote from: pcr3 on November 06, 2016, 10:56:56 PM

Same. Like really, really nervous. But at least we're likely to legalize  :smoke: her in MA.

But here in Indy no outcome will be good. Trump wins...we're all screwed. Hillary wins... All these inbred redneck pieces of shit here are going to be hell to live with for the next four years.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

susep

Same. Like really, really nervous. But at least we're likely to legalize  :smoke: her in MA.ME. 

ditto.  early polls suggest that ME will legalize.  Hell yeah!  :smoke: :mrgreen:

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 07, 2016, 05:50:11 AM

But here in Indy America no outcome will be good. Trump wins...we're all screwed. Hillary wins... All these inbred redneck pieces of shit here are going to be hell to live with for the next four years.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

pcr3

Well, the day is here. Don't forget to vote.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

mattstick

Are your employers legally obligated to give you time off work to vote? Or did Republicans kill that to suppress turn out?

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: mattstick on November 08, 2016, 06:04:40 AM
Are your employers legally obligated to give you time off work to vote? Or did Republicans kill that to suppress turn out?

I'm not sure.. I can attest for mine:

you can roll in late and work your 8 or come in early to leave early.... all they want is us to put in 8 hours.
I think we can even leave during lunch time if that seems to be a better option.

I got up early. voted in my old neighborhood since I forgot to switch it when we moved... that way my work day doesn't change.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

rowjimmy

Little of the ol' in and out this morning with the poll.
Lined up at 5:45, 26 people ahead of me. Doors opened at 6, I was in my truck at 6:06.

mehead

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 08, 2016, 07:24:44 AM
Little of the ol' in and out this morning with the poll.
Lined up at 5:45, 26 people ahead of me. Doors opened at 6, I was in my truck at 6:06.

good work
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

PIE-GUY

In Texas, at least, early voting is the best. The early voting locations generally have short lines and dozens of voting machines. Local polling on election days can be brutal... even in off years and primaries... I waited almost an hour to vote for Bernie in the Texas Primary.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Caravan2001

mbw

Long line at about 6:30.  Took about half hour.

gah

Yeah, I got up early trying to be there right when the polls opened at 6, but was a little slow moving with the coffee, so didn't get there til about 10 after, but there was already a pretty long line by that point, so I said fuck it and went back to bed.

just kidding, it was about an hour wait. Kind of surprised because it's the same place I've always been to, and I'd never had to wait more than a few minutes.

I was going back and forth on this, but do you think we'll have a record low turnout because most people are fed up with both candidates and don't want to vote for either (which is what I was thinking before this morning and seeing the line)...
or...
do you think we'll have a record high turnout because everyone is so driven to keep the "other" person out?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

GBL

Pretty busy at my spot at about 7:30

New place this year though, so was kind of a cluster
If this is love, I'm never going home..