News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Trey Anastasio Band 2017 Tour Dates

Started by shoreline99, November 29, 2016, 02:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillBreathes

Trey was fantastic.

So many talkers.
tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

mehead

My ticket for the Sustain show in Atlanta arrived yesterday.

:rawk: :rawk:
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

WhatstheUse?

Surprised to see that more of those aren't TAB debuts! Camel Walk? 46 Days? Farmhouse? Water in the Sky?
Bring in the dude!

cactusfan

Listening to some of this now.

Have to say, removing all funk from Camel Walk, while an interesting experiment, doesn't pan out well.

emay

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: cactusfan on April 19, 2018, 03:10:54 PM

Have to say, removing all funk from Camel Walk, while an interesting experiment, doesn't pan out well.

"Hey Russ! You know that mid-tempo, swing-y rock, drum beat you play on all the other TAB songs I write? Yeah, play that one over Camel Walk."

"But Trey, what about all the intricate nuances and specific hits in the bridge?"

"Just play the same beat over it all"
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 19, 2018, 05:54:08 PM

"Hey Russ! You know that mid-tempo, swing-y rock, drum beat you play on all the other TAB songs I write? Yeah, play that one over Camel Walk."

"But Trey, what about all the intricate nuances and specific hits in the bridge?"

:wtu:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

cactusfan

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 19, 2018, 05:54:08 PM

yup.

that said, Trey sounds really good, and the overall laid back vibe of the show is nice.

WhatstheUse?

^
agreed.

I know I may be the only person in existence who kinda *luvs* Soul Planet, but I'm psyched to see even these trio versions are gettin' the jam treatment! I'm tellin' ya, 2018 is the year of the SOUL PLANET!  :crazy:
Bring in the dude!

Caravan2001

I dunno. I loved the camel walk. Thought it was the highlight of what I have heard. It's super Hendrixy.

mbw

August adding "On a soul planet!" to Scotts facebook posts is the best thing on the internet right now.

emay

This 4/20 show is pretty nice. Trey is playing with some girth in the first set.

wish could have made the adjustments to make a NOLA show but no dice, those extra FTO days would take away from summer tour.

rowjimmy