News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Started by McGrupp, June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

That didn't suck. Loved the bit when they introduced themselves as [spoiler]Belle and Sebastian[/spoiler]
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mbw

Black Summer is great if you are into apocalyptic zombie stuff.
None of the cheese of the Walking Dead.

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: mbw on May 15, 2019, 11:15:05 PM
Black Summer is great if you are into apocalyptic zombie stuff.
None of the cheese of the Walking Dead.

Great shout, enjoyed it.
One of my favorite moments happens early on, when Sun is being introduced, there is a brief shot of a dude ambling down the middle of the road whistling seemingly without a care in the world. I lol'ed.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

Caravan2001

getting sucked into Bad Blood.  I'm a sucker for mob shit.  Only halfway through 3rd episode but it has potential.  Some annoying stuff but it's decent so far.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

PIE-GUY

Rolling Thunder Review is up!! Just sayin'
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

cactusfan

Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 13, 2019, 09:49:03 AM

Watched it. Excellent. Lots of great music, and all sorts of backstage stuff.
And then, oddly, there's lots of made up bullshit. One isn't even supposed to be able to tell what's bullshit and what isn't.
For example, Sharon Stone is interviewed, and everything she says is bullshit. Actor Michael Murphy is interviewed, but he's identified as senator Jack Tanner, a character he played for a Robert Altman miniseries in the '80s. The German guy who claims to be the one who filmed all the backstage stuff is an actor and didn't film anything. Who knows what else.
So that's odd. But entertaining.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: cactusfan on June 13, 2019, 11:19:26 AM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 13, 2019, 09:49:03 AM

Watched it. Excellent. Lots of great music, and all sorts of backstage stuff.
And then, oddly, there's lots of made up bullshit. One isn't even supposed to be able to tell what's bullshit and what isn't.
For example, Sharon Stone is interviewed, and everything she says is bullshit. Actor Michael Murphy is interviewed, but he's identified as senator Jack Tanner, a character he played for a Robert Altman miniseries in the '80s. The German guy who claims to be the one who filmed all the backstage stuff is an actor and didn't film anything. Who knows what else.
So that's odd. But entertaining.

Sounds a lot like Bob's "Chronicles Vol. 1" book - there were some facts in there, but mostly it was just a fun read.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mopper_smurf

Dead To Me is a fun dark comedy starring Christina Applegate. Lots of swearing too.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Thrillhouse

If you haven't checked out "I Think You Should Leave" yet, scope it. Sketch comedy show in the fashion of Tim and Eric, but a little bit less ate up. Absolutely hilarious stuff.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

ytowndan

Quote from: mopper_smurf on June 14, 2019, 11:55:36 AM
Dead To Me is a fun dark comedy starring Christina Applegate. Lots of swearing too.

Fun show.  She and Linda Cardellini were great together. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

khalpin

Why didn't anyone tell me Norm MacDonald had a Netflix show?  As with most of his endeavors, it probably won't get renewed.  It's buried in the catalog and has almost no production value...just a couple half hour episodes of him with celebrity guests, but no one makes me laugh like Norm.  Anyway, if you're a Norm fan, check out 'Norm MacDonald has a Show'.

GBL

Finally watched The OA Part II

I like this show a lot, cool story/premise imo
If this is love, I'm never going home..

VA $l!m

looks like Stranger Things, Orange new BLack and Ozark maybe all new seasons comin up?

time to cash in my free Netflix month . :rockout:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

cactusfan

Quote from: cactusfan on March 16, 2018, 01:24:45 PM
Dark, a new series funded by Netflix, made in Germany, involving time travel. Very good, very smart, and indeed, very dark.

Wrote up more thoughts here:

www.standbyformindcontrol.com/2018/03/dark-in-which-the-future-is-past-and-vice-versa-and-various-versas-besides/

--but in short, well worth your time if you need a show to watch.

Second season of this show is up, and it takes up right where the first season left off.
Lots of great time travel mindfucks in here.
Haven't finished this new season yet, but good so far.
If you've not watched either season, check it out!
And if, like me, you watched the first season over a year ago, you're screwed. The season 1 recap is useless. I actually went back and rewatched the whole season just to remember what the heck happened and who was who. Which was worth it.