News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: Hicks on September 13, 2018, 09:57:16 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on September 13, 2018, 11:43:36 AM
For those interested in them, the first 5 King Gizzard albums have been repressed and go on sale tonight at 7pm EST. I plan on grabbing at least Float Along - Full Your Lungs and Oddments.

www.flightlessrecords.com

Dang forgot about this and all gone already, did you score?

Never mind looks like the traffic completely demolished their site and they are going to have to try to release them again. Kind of pathetic tbh. 

UPDATE: Orders have been taken down. We will announce a new release date once we have the problem properly fixed. RIP reissues

Our shipping servers have crashed. Shopify & Auspost frantically trying to get it back up. Every server they have built has crashed again instantly. A few orders have slipped through but not many. everyone chill and we will make an announcement when it's properly up and running again

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Yeah, their site crashed instantly. I had the albums in my cart and was ready to checkout at 7:02 and it wouldn't work. They said a few orders got through before the servers for Shipify & Auspost crashed. They're going to re-announce when they'll go on sale now.

Last night sucked. 3 hours of hitting F5 trying to finally get Float Along - Fill Your Lungs and Oddments. I'm wishing I have enough cash to spare when it comes back up so that I can buy the bundle. it was all five of the albums and a Flightless slipmat. No discount on the albums, but a free Flightless slipmat (which I want pretty damn bad).
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

I missed out on the new Apex Twin.  Grabbed a regular copy but was hoping to get one of the limited/foil cover ones.

mattstick

Gillian Welch Soul Journey was delivered yesterday, it's pretty magical.

Caravan2001

Quote from: mattstick on September 19, 2018, 10:32:39 AM

Gillian Welch Soul Journey was delivered yesterday, it's pretty magical.

really enjoying it

Hicks

But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 27, 2018, 10:10:25 PM
Quote from: Hicks on September 27, 2018, 09:32:44 PM
Real Gone issuing Dick's Picks 34 on vinyl:

https://shop.realgonemusic.com/products/grateful-dead-dicks-picks-34-6lp-set

Ok.

Huh, so what does that mean for Brookvale?  DP34 is not one I would probably get.  If they are going to start cherry picking them willy nilly, there are a lot more I would put ahead of that one.  While all of the Dick's Picks are good, there are only a few I consider must owns, especially on vinyl at $100 plus a pop.  Stanley Theatre '72 or or London '74?  I'm there all day.  Some of the other ones, not so much.  But it's taken Brookvale how long to put put the first 8?  Like 5-6 years at least.  Still I think they have done a good job with the quality, they sound great.

August

If anyone wants a clean Blood On the Tracks Half Speed, there's one up for $160 right now
https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/787054445

Hicks

Rumored side splits for SS&P:

Side A
Cities
Wolfman's Brother

Side B
Jesus Just Left Chicago
Weigh

Side C   
Mike's Song
Lawn Boy
Weekapaug Groove

Side D
Hello My Baby
Taste

Bummer about the Wolfmans > JJLC split, but pretty much unavoidable. 

August

Is that for RSD?

Caravan2001

Quote from: August on October 02, 2018, 05:11:40 PM
Is that for RSD?

Supposedly yes, Black Friday RSD.

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on October 02, 2018, 05:50:55 PM
Is that for RSD?

It's confirmed brah. 

As is the Seattle 74 Playing in the Band. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on October 02, 2018, 09:59:06 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on October 02, 2018, 05:50:55 PM
Is that for RSD?

It's confirmed brah. 

As is the Seattle 74 Playing in the Band.

So pumped for that.

mopper_smurf

At long last! Bowie at Glastonbury 3LP on November 30th.

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy