News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Top '94 SBD shows to DL?

Started by TimberLodge, July 04, 2010, 08:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimberLodge

kellerb

Quote from: TimberLodge on July 10, 2010, 12:03:54 PM
Quote from: whyweigh4.5 on July 07, 2010, 12:22:12 AM
Get all of the GCH shows

GCH shows? what's GCH stand for?

Where's that '92 kid to pwn you?!   :evil:

(Great Country Horns)

Alumni

Great Country Horns?  :-D

Thought 91 was they heyday for GCH more than 94. The tour opener is kind of interesting
Monday, 04/04/1994  The Flynn Theatre, Burlington, VT

Set 1: The Divided Sky, Sample in a Jar, Scent of a Mule[1], Maze, Fee > Reba, Horn > It's Ice > Possum

Set 2: Down with Disease[1] > If I Could[1], Buried Alive[2], The Landlady[2], Julius[3], Magilla[4], Split Open and Melt[2], Wolfman's Brother[3] > I Wanna Be Like You[5], The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony[2] > Suzy Greenberg[2]

Encore: Harry Hood, Cavern[6]

[1] Debut.
[2] Giant Country Horns.
[3] Debut; Giant Country Horns.
[4] Giant Country Horns; more of a shuffle beat than usual.
[5] Phish debut; Giant Country Horns.
[6] Old lyrics. Carl Gearhard on trumpet.

Notes: This show, a benefit for The Flynn Theatre, featured many debuts, including Scent of a Mule, If I Could, Wolfman's Brother, Julius, and the full Down with Disease. I Wanna Be Like You also made its Phish debut. The show kicked off with one a cappella line of My Hometown. Buried Alive through Suzy Greenberg featured The Giant Country Horns: Mike Gallick on baritone sax, Carl "Geerz" Gerhard on trumpet, Dave "The Truth" Grippo on alto sax, Don Glasgo on trombone, Chris Peterman on tenor sax, and Joey Sommerville on trumpet. Cavern, which contained the old, alternate lyrics, also featured Gerhard. Magilla was played slightly differently than most versions, with more of a shuffle beat. Trey updated the crowd throughout the show on the score of the Duke - Arkansas NCAA championship basketball game.

You can never have too many Alumni, but this one's only a junior college graduate  :|

Friday, 04/15/1994  Beacon Theatre, New York, NY

Set 1: Llama, Guelah Papyrus, Paul and Silas, Harry Hood, Wilson > Chalk Dust Torture, Bouncing Around the Room > It's Ice > Down with Disease

Set 2: Maze, If I Could, The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > Suzy Greenberg[1] > The Landlady[1], Julius[1], Wolfman's Brother[1] -> Alumni Blues[2] > I Wanna Be Like You[1] > Hold Your Head Up[1] > Cavern[1]

Encore: Magilla[1], Amazing Grace

[1] Giant Country Horns.
[2] Giant Country Horns. Incomplete - only one verse performed.

Notes: Suzy through Magilla featured the Giant Country Horns: Carl "Geerz" Gerhard on trumpet, Dave "The Truth" Grippo on alto sax, Chris Peterman on tenor sax, Mike Gallick on baritone sax, Don Glasgo on trombone, and Joey Sommerville on trumpet. Alumni Blues was incomplete as only one verse was performed, but it was the first since July 18, 1991 (301 shows).
Cause I got a degree

PIE-GUY

that Beacon 2nd set is positively electric. Listen for the I'm Cool Like That tease from the horns before Magilla.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Superfreakie

Quote from: Alumni on July 10, 2010, 12:13:23 PM
Great Country Horns?  :-D

Thought 91 was they heyday for GCH more than 94. The tour opener is kind of interesting
Monday, 04/04/1994  The Flynn Theatre, Burlington, VT

Set 1: The Divided Sky, Sample in a Jar, Scent of a Mule[1], Maze, Fee > Reba, Horn > It's Ice > Possum

Set 2: Down with Disease[1] > If I Could[1], Buried Alive[2], The Landlady[2], Julius[3], Magilla[4], Split Open and Melt[2], Wolfman's Brother[3] > I Wanna Be Like You[5], The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony[2] > Suzy Greenberg[2]

Encore: Harry Hood, Cavern[6]

[1] Debut.
[2] Giant Country Horns.
[3] Debut; Giant Country Horns.
[4] Giant Country Horns; more of a shuffle beat than usual.
[5] Phish debut; Giant Country Horns.
[6] Old lyrics. Carl Gearhard on trumpet.

Notes: This show, a benefit for The Flynn Theatre, featured many debuts, including Scent of a Mule, If I Could, Wolfman's Brother, Julius, and the full Down with Disease. I Wanna Be Like You also made its Phish debut. The show kicked off with one a cappella line of My Hometown. Buried Alive through Suzy Greenberg featured The Giant Country Horns: Mike Gallick on baritone sax, Carl "Geerz" Gerhard on trumpet, Dave "The Truth" Grippo on alto sax, Don Glasgo on trombone, Chris Peterman on tenor sax, and Joey Sommerville on trumpet. Cavern, which contained the old, alternate lyrics, also featured Gerhard. Magilla was played slightly differently than most versions, with more of a shuffle beat. Trey updated the crowd throughout the show on the score of the Duke - Arkansas NCAA championship basketball game.

You can never have too many Alumni, but this one's only a junior college graduate  :|

Friday, 04/15/1994  Beacon Theatre, New York, NY

Set 1: Llama, Guelah Papyrus, Paul and Silas, Harry Hood, Wilson > Chalk Dust Torture, Bouncing Around the Room > It's Ice > Down with Disease

Set 2: Maze, If I Could, The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > Suzy Greenberg[1] > The Landlady[1], Julius[1], Wolfman's Brother[1] -> Alumni Blues[2] > I Wanna Be Like You[1] > Hold Your Head Up[1] > Cavern[1]

Encore: Magilla[1], Amazing Grace

[1] Giant Country Horns.
[2] Giant Country Horns. Incomplete - only one verse performed.

Notes: Suzy through Magilla featured the Giant Country Horns: Carl "Geerz" Gerhard on trumpet, Dave "The Truth" Grippo on alto sax, Chris Peterman on tenor sax, Mike Gallick on baritone sax, Don Glasgo on trombone, and Joey Sommerville on trumpet. Alumni Blues was incomplete as only one verse was performed, but it was the first since July 18, 1991 (301 shows).

I was at both those shows  :-)
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

ph92

Quote from: kellerb on July 10, 2010, 12:10:48 PM
Get all of the GCH shows

(Great Country Horns)

teehee. i woulda too :-D

im will btw
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

TimberLodge

Get all of the GCH shows

(Great Country Horns)

HA! wow can't believe i didnt put the two together... word will do

justjezmund

Quote from: TimberLodge on July 10, 2010, 09:23:52 PM
Get all of the GCH shows

(Great Country Horns)

HA! wow can't believe i didnt put the two together... word will do
WOW, Im friends with you? :roll: 
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

notkuroda

7/16/94 was one of my top 5 shows attended. The first set is nothing special, just straight ahead, tight energetic phish(hmmmmmm) but the second set is pure facemelting fire. Probably my favorite Antelope and maybe Hood. Just re-listened to this for the first time in a really long time over the weekend.

I kinda miss the old tape tho, cuz during Harpua Trey goes on a little rant about vermont, and you here this random dude say "in Vermont, you do what you want"