News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Noob question: does the fact that phish switched to an analog SBD increase the likelyhood that we may see a vinyl release? Or does that not really matter?
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Hicks

Quote from: antelope19 on September 11, 2013, 06:24:36 PM
Noob question: does the fact that phish switched to an analog SBD increase the likelyhood that we may see a vinyl release? Or does that not really matter?

Nope doesn't matter.

They probably don't offer them because it costs a lot to press vinyl and it would be hard to gauge demand. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

PIE-GUY

:wtu:
Quote from: Augustus on September 11, 2013, 04:26:58 PM
I'm saying we need a current one for the database spank bank.

Fyp
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mattstick

Quote from: Hicks on September 11, 2013, 06:47:34 PM

Nope doesn't matter.

They probably don't offer them because it costs a lot to press vinyl and it would be hard to gauge demand.

An LE LP of "tour highlight" jams would sell out within an hour on Drygoods, if not quicker.

Otherwise the medium isn't really suited to the performances... I think the Dick's Picks series are a pretty good example of this, too many records for each release.

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on September 11, 2013, 09:03:15 PM

Nope doesn't matter.

An LE LP of "tour highlight" jams would sell out within an hour on Drygoods, if not quicker.

Otherwise the medium isn't really suited to the performances... I think the Dick's Picks series are a pretty good example of this, too many records for each release.

That too, splitting up songs in the middle isn't the best. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: Hicks on September 12, 2013, 12:29:54 AM
Quote from: mattstick on September 11, 2013, 09:03:15 PM

Nope doesn't matter.

That too, splitting up songs in the middle isn't the best.

So, that's why :phish: 3.0 gave up on extensive jamming. Well, almost.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Buffalo Budd

Finally got to meet up with my daughter's daycare teacher who had about 250 - 300 records that were collecting dust since her husband died.  Anyway, dude liked some very cool music, alot are doubles but I got some new Jimi, Stones, Van Morrison, ridic collection of reggae and world music, upgrade to my copy of Meddle, Blood on the Tracks and Deep Purple Machinehead.  Also a bunch of Boz Scaggs, Clapton and other stuff I've never heard of.  Most in decent condition but they're not well taken care of shall we say.
All for the low price of $0
I think the girl will at least get a hefty Christmas gift from us as thanks.

This is 2 collections I've now procured from widows who just wanted to get rid of the reminder sitting in their house.  I hope these things aren't hexed.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Augustus

I just hope that when I die that my wife doesn't sell my records for how much I told her they cost.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Augustus on September 14, 2013, 09:18:19 PM
I just hope that when I die that my wife doesn't sell my records for how much I told her they cost.

Made me think the same thing, in fact I had the conversation with her tonight.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Igbo

Mine are already going to my kids. I told them the records are theirs when I kck it. And I'll haunt them if they sell the records

Igbo

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 14, 2013, 09:12:45 PM
Finally got to meet up with my daughter's daycare teacher who had about 250 - 300 records that were collecting dust since her husband died.  Anyway, dude liked some very cool music, alot are doubles but I got some new Jimi, Stones, Van Morrison, ridic collection of reggae and world music, upgrade to my copy of Meddle, Blood on the Tracks and Deep Purple Machinehead.  Also a bunch of Boz Scaggs, Clapton and other stuff I've never heard of.  Most in decent condition but they're not well taken care of shall we say.

This is 2 collections I've now procured from widows who just wanted to get rid of the reminder sitting in their house.  I hope these things aren't hexed.

What reggae and world music did you get?

kellerb

Quote from: Igbo on September 14, 2013, 10:00:31 PM

How's the widow doing? #1s?

Mr. Natural

Quote from: Igbo on September 14, 2013, 09:59:46 PM

Mine are already going to my kids. I told them the records are theirs when I kck it. And I'll haunt them if they sell  via the records.

fyp
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

barnesy305

We need a list to see how lucky you really got.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: kellerb on September 15, 2013, 12:09:06 AM
Quote from: Igbo on September 14, 2013, 10:00:31 PM

How's the widow doing? #1s?

Scotty, is that you?
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul