News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Political Vids/Images

Started by rowjimmy, March 19, 2008, 03:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Well, Carter said that much of the anger is driven by racism but he qualified it as not being the motivation for everyone.

As for Joe Wilson, pretty sure he was one of 7 state senators to vote in favor of keeping the confederate flag at the state house Citing that "the Confederate heritage is very honorable."

Plus he has been a member of The Sons of Confederate Veterans which is calling for secession...

guyforget

I couldnt give a shit about Joe Wilson, I dont think he yelled "You Lie!" because he's a racist, he yelled it because he thinks that the bill will inevitably cover illegal aliens.  I disagree w/ him, mainly because illegals already get free coverage when they walk into an emergency room and dont pay their bill after they leave.  Id like to hear how he proposes that we stop that. 

President Carter did not only address his claims towards Joe Wilson, he addressed society as a whole saying:

Quote"I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man, that he's African-American," Carter said.

And when I see these whackos w/ signs calling Obama an "Illegal Alien" and a "Lyin' African," I fully agree with him.  Those signs and protests are not targeted at legislation or policy, be it health care reform or financial policy, bailouts, or whatever else.  And they wouldnt be screaming these things so loudly if he wasnt a black man from an immigrant family.  Plain and simple.  To me, that equals racism. 

-AD_

rowjimmy

Quote from: guyforget on September 16, 2009, 03:29:48 PM
I couldnt give a shit about Joe Wilson, I dont think he yelled "You Lie!" because he's a racist, he yelled it because he thinks that the bill will inevitably cover illegal aliens.  I disagree w/ him, mainly because illegals already get free coverage when they walk into an emergency room and dont pay their bill after they leave.  Id like to hear how he proposes that we stop that. 

President Carter did not only address his claims towards Joe Wilson, he addressed society as a whole saying:

Quote"I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man, that he's African-American," Carter said.

And when I see these whackos w/ signs calling Obama an "Illegal Alien" and a "Lyin' African," I fully agree with him.  Those signs and protests are not targeted at legislation or policy, be it health care reform or financial policy, bailouts, or whatever else.  And they wouldnt be screaming these things so loudly if he wasnt a black man from an immigrant family.  Plain and simple.  To me, that equals racism. 

Agreed...

sls.stormyrider

There is just a boatload of anger out there. There is not doubt that much of it is fueled by racism. The rest by paranoia, ignorance, and fear.
Yes, some of it is "healthy disagreement" of policies.
Unfortunately, the signs and pictures that have been displayed are more of the first sentence.

btw, where was the "tea party" protesting the skyrocketing deficits during the last admin?
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Quote from: slslbs on September 16, 2009, 04:53:01 PM

btw, where was the "tea party" protesting the skyrocketing deficits during the last admin?

"He was a white guy that was borned in these us of a and he was doing gods will so it would have been unamerikin to protest him."

Seriously though, that's what I asked a guy on the train today when he said he was "fed up with all the crazy spending".

btw: Have you guys seen this?
http://www.billionairesforwealthcare.com/

mbw

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 16, 2009, 11:03:56 PM
Quote from: slslbs on September 16, 2009, 04:53:01 PM

"He was a white guy that was borned in these us of a and he was doing gods will so it would have been unamerikin to protest him."

Seriously though, that's what I asked a guy on the train today when he said he was "fed up with all the crazy spending".

btw: Have you guys seen this?
http://www.billionairesforwealthcare.com/

nice.  same folks behind billionaires for bush, i assume.
saw them at a few protests and they were pretty funny

guyforget

I posted in another thread that thats one of the most disgusting part about all of this...

These people chanted "USA! USA!" when we went into Iraq on completely fabricated pretenses to kill around 90K people (according to iraqbodycount.org, which is probably a little high, but whatever, its still a ton of dead people). 

But now that we want to spend a comparable amount of money to help a bunch of Americans, the president's a nazi, an illegal alien, spending is out of control, and theyre showing up to Presidential events w/ machine guns. 

Sickening. 

-AD_

whyweigh5.0

I think I am going to try to venture downtown during the G20 summit next week with my camera.  I'm sure it's going to be a zoo but i would love to get some pictures
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

Hicks

Some of it's racism and some of it is just generic ignorance.

Let's not forget that Clinton, technically a white man  :-D, was hounded at every turn for almost the entirety of his administration. 

Basically, respect for the office of the President of the United States is only applicable for Republicans when one of their own is in power. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

gah

Quote from: guyforget on September 16, 2009, 02:03:56 PM
this signs are tame compared to the shit shown in the first 2 minutes of this video

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/#32849407

Wow. People disgust me.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

fauxpaxfauxreal

I hold Democrats wholly responsible for not hounding the fuck out of George Bush.

I hold Republicans wholly responsible for not hounding the fuck out of George Bush.

I hold Barack Obama wholly responsible for promising me the same health care members of the Senate and House receive and pulling the "bait and switch".

maybe this should be in the today i hate column?

I just saw the dude I get hot dogs from uptown when I used to pedicab.  Hadn't seen him in a while.  Dude has liver cancer.  How the fuck is this dude supposed to afford cancer and live?  How the fuck is Slim supposed to afford back spasms and live?  What the fuck?  When the fuck do I get to complain about how I do all the work and the lemmings live off the rudiments of my gruel?

Seriously, I can understand people wanting to have a lot of things and nice things, and for their friends to have nice things.

What I cannot understand, what I cannot tolerate, what I cannot respect is when people get satisfaction when others do not have the luxuries or the freedoms they possess.

You should gain enough satisfaction from having nice stuff, and gain even more satisfaction when others you know also have nice stuff.

guyforget

Bauchus Bill is 85% SHIT.  Obama sold out healthcare long before it was necessary. 

But its still early for that bill, as it has to go to the house, the joint committee, whatever else. 

But its hard to be too hopeful about it at this point. 

Im starting to understand why there are so many jaded people out there who now call themselves Libertarians, or worse/better(?) apolitical.

Obama is doing the Sunday morning interview shows this weekend, might be interesting to see where he thinks this bill is going.  Unfortunately, the commentators are going to try to focus on this race issue just as much as health care, I suspect. 

-AD_

inourdr

Quote from: goodabouthood on September 17, 2009, 11:06:31 AM
Quote from: guyforget on September 16, 2009, 02:03:56 PM
this signs are tame compared to the shit shown in the first 2 minutes of this video

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/#32849407

Wow. People disgust me.

It's people like this that make me ashamed to be an American at times.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: guyforget on September 18, 2009, 01:43:08 AM
Bauchus Bill is 85% SHIT.  Obama sold out healthcare long before it was necessary. 

But its still early for that bill, as it has to go to the house, the joint committee, whatever else. 

Im starting to understand why there are so many jaded people out there who now call themselves Libertarians, or worse/better(?) apolitical.

Obama is doing the Sunday morning interview shows this weekend, might be interesting to see where he thinks this bill is going.  Unfortunately, the commentators are going to try to focus on this race issue just as much as health care, I suspect.

Dude.  I was burnt out on Obama on March 17, 2008 when Bear Stearns was sold at two bucks a share and Obama made his most epic, most important Jeremiah Wright speech.  Hello, the financial meltdown started in earnest right then and there.  Too bad everyone was focused on Obama's unifying "race speech" and nobody realised that our Economy was going straight into the crapper.

"Hope" and "Change" doesn't come from the Governement, and it does not come from a revolution.  Hope and Change occur when the people who abuse others and themselves learn why their distructive behavior is litterally choking us.

Really, and truly, I would like for everyone to prove me wrong, and prove that "Hope" is a gateway to "Faith" and "Change" manifests itself into "Progress".

sophist

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on September 18, 2009, 01:53:51 AM
Quote from: guyforget on September 18, 2009, 01:43:08 AM

Dude.  I was burnt out on Obama on March 17, 2008 when Bear Stearns was sold at two bucks a share and Obama made his most epic, most important Jeremiah Wright speech.  Hello, the financial meltdown started in earnest right then and there.  Too bad everyone was focused on Obama's unifying "race speech" and nobody realised that our Economy was going straight into the crapper.

"Hope" and "Change" doesn't come from the Governement, and it does not come from a revolution.  Hope and Change occur when the people who abuse others and themselves learn why their distructive behavior is litterally choking us.

Really, and truly, I would like for everyone to prove me wrong, and prove that "Hope" is a gateway to "Faith" and "Change" manifests itself into "Progress".
Shifting the burden of proof doesn't validate your argument.  The fact that you have always supported John Edwards for president is enough to completely discredit you.  The guy is the epitome of a Washington politician, corrupt, immoral, and a self righteous, hypocritical douche bag.  So for you to make these arguments against Obama while you have posted numerous comments fluffing Edwards makes me question your sanity.  Obama isn't perfect, but he's not tainted like the rest of Washington.     

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!