News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rd. 1: Blade Runner vs. Saving Private Ryan

Started by cactusfan, May 08, 2012, 03:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

Blade Runner vs. Saving Private Ryan

in the case of Blade Runner, let's say you are voting on whichever version you happen to like best.

mistercharlie

Saving Private Ryan is a modern war classic, I love the intense way that te story plays out.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Multibeast12

Blade runner, is easily one of the top 5 best sci-fi movies of all time.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

cactusfan

i can't believe this is close.

Private Ryan has great battle sequences, but as a movie it's dumb as paint. typical spielberg bullshit.

Blade Runner is... Blade Runner! you can hardly name a more influential movie of the last 30 years. also, it's completely awesome.

barnesy305

mbw

Quote from: cactusfan on May 08, 2012, 01:14:38 PM

Private Ryan has great battle sequences, but as a movie it's dumb as paint. typical spielberg bullshit.

Blade Runner is... Blade Runner! you can hardly name a more influential movie of the last 30 years. also, it's completely awesome.

this.  if private ryan makes it any further i will expound on why it sucks.

phil

To be honest, I've never seen either of these. I'll assume that Blade Runner is a lot like Blade and vote for it based on the fact that Wesley Snipes is a badass.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Multibeast12

hahaha nice logic. But i have sat through saving private ryan once and it just bleh, will never sit through it again.

aphineday

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on May 08, 2012, 01:23:55 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on May 08, 2012, 01:14:38 PM

this.  if private ryan makes it any further i will expound on why it sucks.
I really expected to have to defend my choice of Blade Runner for some reason. Saving Private Ryan was ALMOST as bad as Warhorse.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

whatapiper

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

Lifeboy

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke: