News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The RUMOR MILL THREAD for **ALL RUMORS** [individual threads will be deleted]

Started by redrum, November 29, 2008, 09:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: redrum on November 29, 2008, 05:31:54 PM
Quote from: mattstick on November 29, 2008, 05:29:47 PM
Quote from: redrum on November 29, 2008, 05:26:08 PM
the thought of waiting in BonerZoo traffic to see phish play 1 set.... i can't even finish this sentenc......

:frustrated:

Really they would play one set?  Like when WSP headlines for 2 nights they play 1 set?  Have you been to Bonnaroo and waited in traffic in the last few years?  Probably not because you'd know that for the most part it is about a 2-hour run of traffic.  Hardly worth complaining about given the sheer number of hours we've waited at Phish fests.

You = don't know what you're complaining about - so stop complaining.

LOL. you love defending bonnaroo so much.  :lol:

But you are so wrong about bonnaroo, it's too easy.
Phish would play 2 sets per night, probably two nights and then you have a shit ton of other music. How would that not be good?

If Phish signed a contract with Live Nation... that would be selling out.
Playing a fest produced by Superfly (who produced the first Oysterhead gig) and designed by the creative guys behind Great Norther Productions (who designed ALL of the Phish fests) actually makes a shit-ton of sense.

McGrupp

We will know what the band will decide when they decide it. Personally, I think Phish is not a "Festival band". They're too big -- we all know phish was able to pack their own festivals, turning them into small cities -- Yeah, it'd be cool to see them sharing the bill with other bands, and I'm sure a lot of people would get turned on to Phish that wouldn't have otherwise - To me it just doesn't make sense for them to do it, I feel like the band likes to do things their way and if they can throw their own festival and be in control of all of the logistics and production of the event they would choose that over being put into a "slot" at a mega-fest such as 'roo or rothbury. Just my two cents, who knows what the band will do. They never cease to surprise.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

thechad

I think that 'roo is a possibility, like it or not, a pile of money to just show up and play is awfully appealing I would imagine.  As far as Rothbury, I thought that was a one and done deal because of the land it was on went bankrupt or something.  And my biggest beef with these supposed tour dates: absolutely nothing on the east coast.  I have no doubt that if/when they announce a summer tour they most likely won't be play many more shows than what are on that list, but nothing on the east coast at all, not going to happen.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

Marmar

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

gimmetela

mopper_smurf

Well, Amsterdam obviously. But here might some rehab issues, so how about

just one show in Europe. Here:

It's the cozy stadium of my favorite football team, AZ. Capacity 17:000 seats and we can use the field. 25 miles north of Amsterdam in the wonderful city of Alkmaar.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Kid in the Corner

Quote from: slslbs on November 29, 2008, 05:24:43 PM
How about  :phish: at Fenway?

Every summer they have 1 concert there, they try to make it "significant" for the area if possible.

(ducks)

Since this is a rumor thread, there will be no harm in posting this. 

Pearl Jam will play Fenway in 09

Declan

Quote from: mopper_smurf on November 30, 2008, 01:53:10 PM
Well, Amsterdam obviously. But here might some rehab issues, so how about

just one show in Europe. Here:

It's the cozy stadium of my favorite football team, AZ. Capacity 17:000 seats and we can use the field. 25 miles north of Amsterdam in the wonderful city of Alkmaar.

nice,

here is where i want them to play

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

whyweigh5.0

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

Declan

Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on November 30, 2008, 02:21:22 PM
Canada is too clean for wooks

i was thinking that it would be nice due to the fact it is internally connected to the train station that goes to a place 4 mins walking distance from my house

So Something GOOD should come...

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

mattstick

I'm holding out for 2 nights Toronto > day off > 2 nights Montreal @ Bell Centre.

I'd give away my Hampton tickets right now if they announced that run in the Summer or Fall.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on November 30, 2008, 02:42:00 PM

I'm holding out for 2 nights Toronto > day off > 2 nights Montreal @ Bell Centre.

I'd give away my Hampton tickets right now if they announced that run in the Summer or Fall.

This attitude is why I'm not too worried about Hampton tix.

mattstick

I've been considering bailing on Hampton regardless of future dates.  That would make it pretty easy.

Back to ACC discussion, it really is in the perfect place, and is surrounded by lots of easy parking lots, and is IMO one of the nicest arenas in North America.

G. Augusto

I'm due for another visit to Canada...
I would DEF hit a Montreal show and possibly a Toronto.
I need floorspace!
a

mattstick