News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Jimi Hendrix Thread

Started by susep, September 30, 2006, 06:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

Surprised Mopper hasn't posted this one yet.  Either way nice tribute to the 50th Anniversary of Electric Ladyland:

https://www.jimihendrix.com/electric-ladyland-50/

In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the release of the Jimi Hendrix Experience masterpiece Electric Ladyland, Experience Hendrix, L.L.C. and Legacy Recordings, the catalog division of Sony Music Entertainment, are releasing the Deluxe Edition box set on November 9. Available as either a 3CD/1 Blu-ray set or a 6LP/1 Blu-ray set, both packages include the original double album, now newly remastered by Bernie Grundman from the original analog tapes. For the LP set, Grundman prepared an all analog direct to disc vinyl transfer of the album, preserving the authenticity. Also included is Electric Ladyland: The Early Takes, which presents demos and studio outtakes from this period in Hendrix's career, plus a new 5.1 surround sound mix of the entire original album by Hendrix's original engineer Eddie Kramer. This marks the first and only time this has been done with a Hendrix studio album, and gives listeners the original stereo mixes in uncompressed 24 bit/96 kz high resolution audio.

Jimi Hendrix Experience: Live At the Hollywood Bowl 9/14/68, part of Experience Hendrix's Dagger Records official bootleg series, is another exclusive component. The never before released recording captures the band and the mounting excitement that took place just weeks before the release of Electric Ladyland. The Blu-ray also includes the acclaimed, feature length documentary At Last... The Beginning: The Making of Electric Ladyland.

Lastly, Electric Ladyland Deluxe Edition includes a full color, 48-page book containing Jimi's handwritten lyrics, poem and instructions to his record label, as well as never before published photos from the recording sessions that were shot by Eddie Kramer himself.

Pretty sweet show, lots of great music and amusing banter from Jimi and Noel. 

khalpin

Quote from: susep on April 12, 2018, 04:36:45 PM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on April 11, 2018, 03:19:25 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on April 09, 2018, 12:43:57 PM
Thanks for posting Mopper.
WTF is up with the whistling fans?
I would be so pissed if I was beside someone whistling through the majority of Red House.

I read somewhere that the show started late. Which is mo real excuse for those strung-out Germans to act like assholes.

Phil described when they played Seastones in Fall '74 Germans reacted by whistling loudly.  It's their way of booing.
Reminds me of this gem, albeit from Vienna, but close....
https://youtu.be/2a2BvHIFKjg?t=1m05s

mopper_smurf

Quote from: susep on September 20, 2018, 05:34:17 PM
Surprised Mopper hasn't posted this one yet.  Either way nice tribute to the 50th Anniversary of Electric Ladyland:

https://www.jimihendrix.com/electric-ladyland-50/

I was going to post it, but life got in the way or something like that. Anyway, psyched for this one.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

jam>

I don't have surround sound, but Electric Ladyland in 5.1 makes me kinda wish I did.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: jam> on October 04, 2018, 03:04:38 PM
I don't have surround sound, but Electric Ladyland in 5.1 makes me kinda wish I did.

Steven Wilson has done a lot of amazing 5.1 stuff. Too bad he wasn't involved for this one. 
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

11/30 3CD set radio appearances

Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

MY inner completist made me order this.

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/music/jimi-hendrix-experience-live-in-europe

QuoteThe first incarnation of the Experience was at the top of their game in mid '67. These four beautifully recorded tracks were all broadcast in May for German and Swedish TV. For anyone who can understand German, we have included a hilarious German-language preamble as the MC introduces the Jimi Hendrix Experience as 'music for the future with Donovan-like flowery lyrics and free-form performance...with the full recommendation of Frank Sinatra!'. All tracks recorded on 12th May 1967 in Offenbach for TV broadcast in Germany, except one track on a TV broadcast, Stockholm, 24th May 1967.

Also: cranking that 5.1 Electric Ladyland.

Twitter | FB | Instagram

susep

In honor of the recent 50 year Anniversary of Jimi's January 1969 European Tour, I made a playlist to celebrate.  Caveat, these are audience recordings ranging from G through VG+.  In most cases the circulating shows contain at least 2 sometimes 3 sources.  I tried to pick what I thought sounded like the best source available for each track.  Enjoy.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/om65r4 - Jimi Hendrix - January 1969.zip (171.30MB)

Intro    16Jan Meistersingerhalle, Nuremberg, W. Germany (2nd show)

Are You Experienced?    22Jan "Stimmen Der Welt," Konzerthaus, Vienna, Austria (2nd show)

Hear My Train A' Comin'    11Jan Musikhalle, Hamburg, W. Germany (2nd show)

I Don't Live Today    08Jan Lorensbergs Cirkus, Gothenberg, Sweden. (2nd show)

Little Wing    17Jan Jahrhunderthalle, Frankfurt, W. Germany (2nd show)

Red House    23Jan Sportpalast, W. Berlin, W. Germany

Spanish Castle Magic    10Jan Falkoner Centret, Copenhagen, Denmark (2nd show)

Voodoo Child    14Jan Halle Münsterland, Münster, W. Germany

All Along The Watchtower >

Purple Haze    16Jan Meistersingerhalle, Nuremberg, W. Germany (2nd show)

1:17:27
flac > wav > mp3
320kbps
171MB

mopper_smurf

Quote from: susep on February 07, 2019, 02:45:03 PM
In honor of the recent 50 year Anniversary of Jimi's January 1969 European Tour, I made a playlist to celebrate.  Caveat, these are audience recordings ranging from G through VG+.  In most cases the circulating shows contain at least 2 sometimes 3 sources.  I tried to pick what I thought sounded like the best source available for each track.  Enjoy.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/om65r4 - Jimi Hendrix - January 1969.zip (171.30MB)

Are You Experienced?    22Jan "Stimmen Der Welt," Konzerthaus, Vienna, Austria (2nd show)

flac > wav > mp3
320kbps
171MB

Thank you! Excellent picks.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

Caravan2001

Quote from: susep on February 07, 2019, 02:45:03 PM

flac > wav > mp3
320kbps
171MB

Thanks- going to grab that!

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

At last Dagger Records have set up a webshop in the UK, which means I don't have to pay the ridiculous shipping rates anymore.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram